Moussa Sissoko

Moussa Sissoko wants to leave Newcastle and join Arsenal

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the
club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there
like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who
was my idol…“The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell
you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the
French national team and the Euros.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10306443/moussa-sissoko-wants-to-leave-newcastle-and-join-arsenal

1 Like

I’ll take him to play on the wing.

2 Likes

He’s very versatile and direct. We don’t have this type, and yes, he’s a Gooner.

2 Likes

Yea, even Newcastle fans are mostly saying that he’s underwhelming and that lot got relegated. That’s not going to happen.

At one point when I was desperate for players, I would have taken him :joy: Not now, he’s a very good athlete, not a very good footballer though.

3 Likes

He had a great European Championship, but he is too brainless sometimes. I don’t know if i’d get him.

1 Like

If we’re not going to be changing the way we play then he wouldn’t be useful here.

If you’ve ever said we lack bottle and have too many players guilty of going missing for half a season. Turn around and exit the thread now.

Leaves thread

Did well for France at the Euro’s with his direct and powerful dribbling style. I don’t see it happening but it’s an intriguing option despite the many valid concerns against it. What interests me is that he offers a desirable trait. How many attacking and wide midfielders do we have that can trouble teams that play tight and defensively like Portugal?

I don’t think Wenger minds having his RAM dribbling and taking on his man. It’s just that the players we have in that position, such as Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Welbeck are not particularly consistent in the role.

Despite his lack of form for Newcastle, Ive always liked him as a player. You can see he has it in him, maybe it was just Newcastle as a collective bunch of cunts that was bringing him down. With better players around him in the France squad he looked much better. Would be an OK squad player for us.

Sissoko before the Euro was a good midfielder with energy and and power. He remains this type of midfielder but he is not good enough for us. He hates to pass the ball, he becomes useless when a squad try to play on open play.

He was in the squad because is perfect for counterattack, but basically he can’t play for a big club if this club isn’t Atletico Madrid.

To spend over 20M pounds after to have seen two long shots and two or three tackles, is too high. I prefer to keep our players, especially after the contract signed by a true great midfielder: Granit.

Wouldn’t have played against us anyway, but I bet he’s gutted about missing the trip to his favourite team.

4 Likes