Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Poor Arteta. When he logs onto this forum, he’s going to be excited that his thread active, only to be disappointed to see we’re not talking about him at all.

Nice to see that even with an injured face, his hair is still on point :ok_hand:

1 Like

No joke, I had a dream the other day where I was looking at the Arteta thread and someone had posted a bunch of tweets saying Arsenal were disconsolate at having lost him to City and their plan was to make him the new manager after Wenger.

Ay, ¡dulces sueños!

Damn that’s what I call a nightmare! Wouldn’t be able to sleep for a week at least after that.

Well, it was sweet while it lasted. Just find it funny that I now dream of the OA, lol, can see the screen with all the tweets in the thread in my mind right now.

2 Likes

Probably because there isnt one tbh.

Do it

3 Likes

hmmmm not sure about this, i dont know if he is manager material.

1 Like

He needs to prove himself consistently at 2 or 3 clubs before ever even being thought of for the Arsenal job

3 Likes

Ah come on Maverick, don’t you fancy a maverick appointment? :grin:

ARTETAAAAAAAAAAAAA! for manager? Eh, bugger it, I’m in. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

haha for some things yes, and if it works out great, but i feel he has no experience in management it is a huge risk and i feel with all the managers he will come up against here in the EPL and the pressure i just dont think he is ready or capable of managing a club the size of Arsenal. If we are to get rid of Wenger i would like a top coach i dont want to get rid of wenger only to have someone 10 times worse which takes us from the mess we are in now to be into an absolute disgrace.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible tbh!

Please no. He has never managed a club before. Just a cheap option for us.

2 Likes

Hard to see it without some first-hand experience first, but mentorship under Pep is tasty notion…

Could get a moyes or pardew like appointment, i would rather stick with Wenger as much as that would piss me off.

This would smack of a classic arsenal ’ what’s the cheapest easiest way for these open fans to get off our back’ solution.

Until he proves something

1 Like

Arteta as manager sounds like a nice idea but nice ideas can easily wind up being total disasters.

He needs to go out and show what he’s got at a lower level perhaps in the Championship before managing a top club.

The person we get in after Wenger will either make or break this club for the foreseeable future, I’d definitely consider it to be foolish to place this burden on a guy that hasn’t even popped his managerial cherry regardless of how well he knows the club or how highly he’s though of.

How far has sentiment got us in recent years? It’s practically why we’re in this sorry ass state in the first place.

Speaks five different languages, worked in four different countries, former club captain, natural leader, knows the club, improved his coaching abilities under Wenger and Pep Guardiola.

I would like to see Mikel Arteta on the bench when Arsène retires.

1 Like

I would think Kroenke would be in favour of this.
It’s far better than going for an established, top European manager, who would expect top wages and a massive transfer budget to go and sort out the mess Wenger has left.
A young inexperienced manager who has never done the job before is just what we need.

Although I might be swayed if he brings Guardiola with him as his assistant.

Arteta with Henry as assistant please. Both will have been close enough to the Guardiola method to know the jist of how it works, and close enough of the Wenger method to know how it doesn’t :smirk:

5 Likes