Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

When Leicester won the league, the whole league failed.
When Arsenal won,United failed.

Success for one doesn’t take away failure of others.

Similarly someone may win the trophies that City won’t , that doesn’t mean City were a failure in those competition.

So what according to you should be expectations from Guardiola?

Top 3 and CL competive; semis and finals 1/2 time from now on… a league title or 2 in 4-5 years. You guys make it sound automatic, which is ridiculous.

1 Like

Now what should be expectations from Conte?
And then what should be expectations from Wenger?

its More complicated bc of tenure and changing economic assumptions but I’ll give you proper answer tomorrow.

1 Like

For a start at least one 80 point season over a decade would be an expectation for Wenger :rofl:

I am glad your expectations are reasonable. I hope I don’t see you whinning unreasonably elsewhere from here on.

Why not? It seems Wenger is not going to meet his expectation.

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure he’s already quite successful.
The clue is that he has managed Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the club with more money and ambition than anyone else chose him to manage them.
He has also had a fairly competent start to this season, considering he is the least experienced at any of the top clubs in the PL.

My expectation from Wenger is to set the bar lower each season he stays here.

It’s pretty clear the word ‘failure’ refer to his tenure as City manager, not overall.
He was excellent with Barcelona, decent with Bayern. His tenure with City has been a failure in his first season but now he has made an excellent start to second season, but he should deliver multiple trophies for his tenure to be considered a success.

Eh?
Wenger got 83 points in 07-08 season.

10 full seasons completed since then after this season, unless you are suggesting we will break the 80 point mark this campaign ?

1 Like

So wouldn’t next batch of 10 season begin now?
I say you need to pipe down your whinging because we got 9 more seasons to achieve that expectation.

1 Like

Lol Trion forget talking drivel and go back to stalking women, it’s more productive for this forum.

1 Like

Why because you fucked up with your comment?

Lol no it would be a decade since we last achieved 80 points, that would mean in a full decade we have achieved it 0 times, so Wenger failed to meet that expectation… In all honesty also a quality manager would have us achieving 80 points + regularly.

1 Like

I have to say that’s a quality dodge.

Wenger’s tenure started in 96-97 i suppose; so first decade ends at what 05-06.
Second decade ends at 15-16
Now we are in third decade which ends in 25-26.

As per your demand, the expectation has been met in each of his completed decade.

Lol Trion I doubt it was a dodge, I don’t think Aussie was sitting there breaking down Wenger’s career into chronological decades as you are… :grimacing:

1 Like

But he should.
Wenger’s tenure is mostly about 3 eras

96-05 : Glorious era
06-13 : Debt era
14-present : New era

Wenger has met expectation suitable to given era. Only last year’s finish outside Top 4 was below expectation, even then he won FA cup while Guardiola went trophyless

1 Like

We might as well still be in the debt era if the new era expectation is still scraping 4th?

1 Like

I didn’t say that. Expectation should be having a quality squad capable of being competitive once in 3 seasons.
That’s my expectation.

Should reach semis to finals of Europa this term.