Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Lolllllll! Way over the top :arteta:

3 Likes

Yes, Ivan Gazidis dilly-dallying has convinced City to make Arteta their manager. I believe it wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe a few weeks ago that Arteta was just one of four of Guardiolaā€™s coaches at Man City, and now itā€™s as if he has been transformed into the hottest managerial property in Europe.

I donā€™t know who his PR agent is, but I suggest Jeremy Corbyn might want to get on the phone and hire him for his next election campaign.

3 Likes

Well said.

Appointing Lego Hair would have been embarrassing. City, United and all the rest would have been in stiches at us. No experience and heā€™s not even an Arsenal legend anyway.

Jaysusā€¦

2 Likes

BOLLOCKS HE ISNā€™T

Is he fuckā€¦

He was a good player and I liked him but not in the same league as Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Adams, and all those who truly are Legends.

Here are some real Arsenal legends:

https://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players

Have a read. You might learn something about our clubā€¦

3 Likes

This link says nothing about Atletico Madrid.

1 Like

Saying Arteta was a club legend . Itā€™s hilarious.
Average player made to look good by the rest of the team .
Club legend, that insults all the greats before him.

9 Likes

When I think of Arteta all I remember was a player who epitomised what was wrong with our club.

He was a panic buy replacement for Cesc who was a true world class player and captain, who was fed up here.
Arteta was light weight, often injured and often ineffective against top sides that were physically stronger.

Thereā€™s no doubt he was a decent player but was a definite down grade on what we had.

As for being a legend?
if he was, then it just shows how poor that team was.

Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Adams, Wright, Vieira etc were legends.
Compared to what they achieved, Arteta isnā€™t fit to lace the boots of the person who laced their boots.

5 Likes

And if Arteta is a club legend is Podolski? Walcott? Mertesacker? Nasri? Hleb? Nasri was a better player and had that season where he could of player of the year. Podolski and Walcott got lots of goals and assists.

What about Song? He was a solid reliable DM for a good few seasons too and had that super assist season.

When you start calling Arteta a club legend you will struggle to justify him above his Arsenal peers.

7 Likes

Anyone saw the City documentary? They really are a very, very well run club. Always thought Wengerā€™s heir should be Pep, wished they panicked when he didnā€™t deliver in the first season so we could grab him.
Anyway, on Artera: He really seems to be Pepā€™s secret tool. Has a great mind about the game and seems to know very well how the PL works and any weird characteristics of the teams. Only issue I had is that he is litterally Pepā€™s secret weapon. He didnā€™t seem very vocal and a common theme was them not listening to what he was saying. Two occasions at least, Sterling not finishing a chance like Mikel told him and causing them to draw and in the FA Cup when he said ā€œNo foulsā€, Delph reiterating what Mikel said as he is more of a commander and then the idiot himself getting a red card for a stupid challenge.
Think him staying for another season with Pep is good. Needs a solid run as a coach afterwards to become more ruthless and get more respected as the guy who calls the shots.

Hmmm, this was fun reading through this entire thread at last :laughing: Man you were really on the Arteta hype train @Electrifying.:arteta: I never got sucked into wanting him as our next manager. Too inexperienced and far too much of a risk. As it is, so far Iā€™ve been happy with Emery, so seems itā€™s working out fine so far.

Incidently, why were there about 400 posts where there was no mention of Mikel, but just random crap about Pep being overrated by Trion and other pointless chatter? I guess it wouldnā€™t be OA without a thread going slightly off the topic for ages :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh yeah, that was a bloody horrible couple of weeks for this thread :gabriel: :xhaka: :facepalm:

On the other stuff, mate I genuinely thought he was pretty much confirmed. I had made my peace with it, and was hyping myself up for the post-Wenger era more than anything. So the Emery thing was such a shock when it happened, came out of nowhere.

I was on the Loew train, then the Enrique train, then the Allegri train, then the Arteta train, and I guess it took me a while but now iā€™m on the Emery train.

Yeah on that note Pep is genius & all but put him at United right now and he wonā€™t be able to do much better.

I wouldnā€™t be so sure.

The likes of Pep, Klopp and Poch at United would get a hell of a lot more out of these players and actually get them playing a distinct style.

Martial for instance could very well have a Sterling-esque resurgence rather than his current stagnation under Jose.

1 Like

Here we go againā€¦

4 Likes

Once you become a doctor, you might want to examine yourself.

1 Like

Being crazy is actually part of the job description. :arteta:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what made me lean towards Arteta. Iā€™m still not sure Emery is going to make a contender out of this side.