Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Thing is you see the lineup after the improvements Sterling, Sané, Jesus, even De Bruyne have made.

Before Pep came Fernandinho was rated below Xhaka, Sterling was not rated very highly, Sané was a young, big talent, but not a sure bet…

It’s hard not to tie up what we already know about players when looking at a lineup now, but those are both pretty powerful XIs, the problem is ours plays below standard because it has a poor manager who can’t elicit quality football.

God you don’t half talk some shit. Imagine if you were so critical in your judgment of Wenger as you are with Guardiola. Incredibly fucking bloody obvious agenda is incredibly fucking bloody obvious agenda.

4 Likes

Surely this is nowhere near accurate?

Yeah that is incorrect.
He has talent in his disposal bought for some 870m.

In last 3 windows, expenditure must be around 450-500m.

The first bit isn’t what you said. The second bit is less than 400m which is obviously still bloody huge either way. Edit: I see you said dollars so yea probably about 450m.

I don’t remember Wenger spending close to billion dollars in his entire Arsenal career, let alone in few windows.

Had Wenger spent 30% of what Guardiola spent, I would have been as critical.

Not net - I did this analysis before for all the top teams and it is in the board somewhere. This last year they had net of about 100MM Euros. Year before net 36MM Euros. Year before that 67 million Euros. So last 3 years their net (according to transfer market) was about 200MM Euros.

3 Likes

You are more dedicated than I sir :slight_smile:

I admire Guardiola’s football but why should I give him any leeway when he spends what he did.

He should surely win multiple PLs and CLs.

What is so absurd in expecting such outcome given the expenditure?

His last season was failure and if he doesn’t deliver success of his Barcelona days, he has failed in terms of big picture.

My personal opinion on Wenger is even if he could spend huge amounts he’d be reluctant, for the reason that an insane amount of pressure would come with it and he’d have zero excuses when he fails.

Only hipsters rated Xhaka.
I have always stated he is not that good.

Sterling was not rated very highly

Sterling was highly rated for 3 seasons before Guardiola arrived. What are you taking about.

1 Like

Ppl have been saying fernandinho is the best dm in the league for years nobody rated xhaka that highly lol, AC has an agenda it’s okay we all know it.

1 Like

Whatever.
Wenger was expected to deliver trophies despite being handed a debt to service for a decade.

But somehow it is unreasonable to expect Guardiola to deliver multiple trophies consecutively, despite spending more than what Emirates cost.

The level of hypocrisy from Arsenal fans.

Are you guys not aware how huge an amount 830 million is?
Spent that kind of money in any business and the expectations become huge.

Amazon, Google, Facebook was built on lesser funds.

1 Like

Fuck yeah Trion is back, SICK EM TRION!!

I wish. It’s 1:45am. Good night a4tt.

Everyone. Close to Billion dollars man. Come on. No multiple CL = Failure.

Night

Real Madrid and Chelsea have spent just as exorbitant amounts comparative to the markets, and not won a CL. You’re talking pure shit just because it hurts for you to expose the fact you know little about football or Guardiola and have been talking shit about him for years, only for the overwhelming evidence now that he’s dominating the one league you follow to leave you grasping at new straws.

1 Like

This has to be the busiest the Arteta thread has been in years!! I don’t even know what people are arguing about either lol.

That proves that Guardiola is a great manager.
He has almost the same players he had last season, yet he has turned them from a club scraping in the top four to one of the best ever PL clubs.

Players like Delph, Sterling, Kompany, Walker, Stones are not world class players, and most of the first team players weren’t bought by Guardiola, so it must be down to him rather than just the spending.

People that can’t accept Wenger’s shitness are trying to downplay Guardiola’s achievements.

10 Likes

Guardiola is one of the greatest managers of all time. I think if you were to ask the players who have played under him who they have learnt the most from - many will point to Pep.

On an individual level, many of his players have improved a substantial amount under him.

Ignore the money for a moment and focus on the Football level - no manager would replicate the way he plays and the sheer quality of coaching on display even if they spent the same amount on the same players.

4 Likes

Sigh.

How many times do I have to say that I admire and respect Guardiola’s football?

Is it impossible to admire his football yet be critical of his spending?

Are you all that simple minded that you can only hold one stance?
Are you lot incapable of complex thought process?

2 Likes