Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Nostalgia dream team but top players don’t always do well as managers - I do think Mikel would potentially be very good, but not as first gig… Henry I see as ambassador/consultant and I would love to have him in the club. I can also see Dennis with some role at some point - and he is putting in the work to earn the credentials I believe.

1 Like

Curious question: If it came down to Roberto Martinez or Arteta to replace Wenger, who do you go for?

Meh - suffer for a season or two until the board/leadership decides it was a mistake. I do like Martinez (maybe more as a personality than a successful manager), but if pressed I would take a punt on Arteta - just don’t think it is good idea nor best for him as his first gig.

1 Like

Sorry can’t do Martinez.

The guy is Wenger lite is and I dislike his his PR way of giving interviews

Talks way too much shit, seriously.

1 Like

Arteta, no doubt.

5 Likes

Arteta as manager doesn’t bother me. He’s clearly learning his trade right now from a managerial great, who learnt his trade from a managerial great or two…

That doesn’t guarantee success though, the risk is far too great. If the club was in great place with everything set up and super successful prior to his arrival maybe, however, you need someone far more experienced with a fresh set of eyes to navigate the cluster fuck Wenger will leave behind.

If the next managerial appointment is a bust it could set the club back well over a decade.

Oh ffs. All this actually means is his name is on a list somewhere. The same way dragan whatshisface once supposedly was and whoever else. I doubt it’s been given any actual thought other than “let’s keep an eye on him”.

1 Like

Arteta with very little hesitation

2 Likes

Pep had just been Barca B manager. I’d wager being Pep’s number 2 at a big club could be a better education than managing a reserve/youth side. The protege will beat the master, and Mikel will vanquish bitchy Pep from this land, ushering in a period of unsurpassed glory. Arteta is the man to return us to our glory days, it is written. Get on board and live the dream man

Martinez by a mile.

1 Like

Arteta would not be my first choice, but the lack of experience can always be complemented by acquiring a more experienced assistant-coach. Question for me is does Arteta have the tactical and motivational skills to coach a team?

1 Like

Am I a prophet?

3 Likes

Or are you “a source” :grin:

1 Like

Do you support the football of Pires?

1 Like

Staying an atheist then. A non prophet organisation.

I didn’t rate Arteta as a football player and I don’t rate Pep as a manager. Let’s offer him the job.

How can anybody not rate Pep as a manager?

5 Likes

Because he’s only managed top top teams. I’m yet to see what he can do with a Everton, a Sevilla, a Lazio etc. Any team lurking in the backwaters that are lacking all those WC players he’s got access to. Will his coaching and tactics alone make the team perform better? Despite the material at hand?

1 Like

Agent Arteta. Maybe its all part of the master plan to learn Pep’s methods before returning to motherland.