:joy::joy::arteta:

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/903375191744622593

Nah he’s £114m m8.

I’d take that £60m and play iwobi all season fuck it

1 Like

What!?

What’s that tweet say, gents?

EDIT:

“Barcelona has a new name: Mesut Özil. Arsenal has priced € 60m.”.

#NeinMesutNein :disappointed_relieved:

I guess thats reinvent to how Spanish clubs can still sign players tomorrow?

Should have bitten their hands off.

If there’s one player who’s head isn’t in it anymore, it’s him. He hasn’t been for a while.

1 Like

We can still sell him to them tomorrow

Oh fuck off!

Sun back page today:

Perfect timing Mesut! :grin:

3 Likes

6 Likes

He has such a good PR team lol

But I do love him. And it’s a real shame he’s been wasted in a deadbeat team. Imagine we had a good squad and a good manager - Ozil would be revered as the best number 10 in Europe.

12 Likes

The fact he doesn’t mention Henry in his lists of living legends and says people should stop talking is great for me

1 Like

Wow nice statement from Ozil :clap:

Fuck the haters, up the Arsenal!

5 Likes

It’s interesting that when he said about “Arsenal legends,” he mentioned Bergkamp, Vieira and Pires, but not Henry.
Was he one of the ex pundits who had been criticising him?

Also when he says, “I don’t know where my career will be next season,” it’s pretty obvious it won’t be here.

The pessimist in me reads this as if he’s off after the season. Özil knows how to treat the media (outside and inside of Arsenal).

2 Likes

I love that he claps back at the haters.

I worry that Mesut was wasted in a Wenger team. Even someone like Klopp who plays wide open at the back sometimes would have some idea of how to best protect him.

It would be nice if he signed a new contract now even if the only reason is to get a fee for him next summer. I thought it spoke volumes that nobody was really bidding for him. His reputation has really taken a hit and he’s not blameless but I do think the British media, old ass pundits and the type of people who voted for Brexit really take a special perverse delight in slamming him. But then again, those are the type of people who think Scott Parker was the right person to replace Cesc in the midfield.

tl; dr --> he talks the talk, but he better walk the walk this season