Mesut Özil

Heres what Opta says about KeyPasssesand Chances created:

Key Pass

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

Chances Created

Assists plus Key passes.

So presumably if he passes and someone takes a shot from 40 yards that counts. Which makes these stats a bit unquantifiable.

I wouldn’t say unquantifiable, 40 yard pot shots aren’t all that common, especially at Arsenal.

As long as they are kept in context and examined in tandem with other stats, information such as ‘chances created’ can help tremendously.

3 Likes

Thats true we dont do many long rangers. Ill change unquantifiable to unquantified also. :slight_smile:

Also i’m not in any way trying to disparage Ozil here just to be clear. :slight_smile:

Is it not a chance when the receiver doesn’t take a shot?

Wants the #10. Unlucky Jack mate.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/772090785164566529

Tell him he gets it if he signs a new deal

7 Likes

Conspiracy theory hats on now lads.

Mesut Oezil…In his contract negotiations stipulated that one of his conditions for signing new contract would be that he is given the no.10.

Weak minded Wenger, Rather than speak to Jack about it, Sent him out on loan and plans to give Oezil that number while Jack is out of the club.

Ha. :wink:

1 Like

So should have done Löw with Podolski long ago.:grinning:

1 Like

That for me would be one of the ballsiest moves Wenger has done in a long time.

Haha cum-shot :joy:

1 Like

He should probably take the number 10 shirt, Wilshere was at his best with the 19 shirt

Mr. Özil, you have inherited the shirt number 10 of Lukas Podolski. That was no coincidence, right?

You’re right. For me, the number means a lot. It is my favorite number. Football legends such as Zinedine Zidane, Diego Maradona or Pelé have this number carried on the back. I’m really happy about it.

In Arsenal, the number is also free …

Yes, it has become free, and I will definitely have.

That is, stay at Arsenal and to accept the offer to extend …

Özil laughs you want to entice me.

I’ll try …

I have a contract until 2018. We have had discussions, but which have been suspended due to the EM. I wanted to focus at this time only to the national team. Now we look to continue the negotiations.

In London you will be appreciated …

Yes, that feels good. You can see that I have brought my performance over the years. The fans like to play me and my way of football. I feel really comfortable there. It’s just fun to play in England.
– Quelle: http://www.express.de/24685842 ©2016

Looks promising!! #We’veGotÖzil

5 Likes

Certainly reads better than some of noise coming out of the Alexis camp. Part of me has already written off having Alexis sign a new deal, but I’m hoping Özil would sign one more contract with us!

1 Like

Purely from a career perspective, if he wants to win things, he has to leave next summer. Him not extending his contract would be fully understandable. One of the reasons why 15/16 is always going to sting tbh.

3 Likes

So… He’s number 10 now? Is it official or whatever?

Give him the number, deserves it more than Jack. I love Jack but it’s time to put sentiment aside and go for the league. No more fragile fairies at Arsenal.

2 Likes

It does seem that Wenger has either been told to phase out the injury prone players or the lazy ones etc (theo and ox should play for their lives) and he is going for no fucking around this season, hopefully, it continues…I think Theo and Ox should be in the last chance saloon, Chambers and Wilshere loaned, it looks like the club is slowly moving away from underperforming and injury prone players and trying to build a strong squad. Maybe I am saying this too soon but we look to be moving in the right direction.

1 Like

As long as Theo is in this squad, I don’t accept this statement.

2 Likes

Posted a video on his official channel.

0:58 He says it! :smiley: #YaGunnersYa

3 Likes

Been a joy to watch for 3 years. The type of joy you used to get watching Dennis Bergkamp.

7 Likes