Mesut Özil

Most his ever scored in a season (all comps) is 11 for Bremen. Smash that target, Herr Oezil.

Would love to know how man pre-assists this beautiful man gets.

How does everyone feel about his yield of goals, playing the ghosted creative striker compared to his previous season where he dominated the creative play and got 19 assists? Goal machine or King of Assists?

Nice to see him grab both a goal and an assist yesterday. Superb player, I’m enjoying his free role and he seems so much more dangerous. Can create and score which is something I was a little critical of in recent seasons - he arguably has as great a thirst for goals as he does for assists now and the numbers are starting to look impressive.

1 Like

Does anyone know how many assists he’s had so far this season in the League and across all competitions? He flew out of the blocks in the first half of last season, be interested to see a comparsion.

Think he has three assists at the moment Mysty, think that’s all comps but wouldn’t swear to it

8 goals, 5 assists.

3 in the league, 2 in Champions League.

EDIT:

Hmm. Whoscored says 2 in each. (+1 for Germany) and transfermarkt says 3 & 2.

Dunno why, but it felt like he had a few more assists than that. But I guess in general with more goals he’s making a big difference either way with his contribution for the team. Cheers lads :ozil:

Yeah if it came down to more assists or more goals from Ozil, I’d prefer more league goals. his goal returns bothered me and ahead of this season I challenged him to do 10+ in the league.

He probably has a fair few pre-assists though which is often the most important move in creating the goal. No credit for that though.

1 Like

Key passes would give us a little more insight tbh

1 Like

Did you issue this challenge in a tweet? :grin:

1 Like

I’d define Ozil’s season as reasonable by his standards, not setting the world alight but defiantly been a key contributor.

Ah you’ve got to love Ray Wilkins

"I think Jack Wilshere could be the equal of Ozil, if not better.

GET IN THE SEA

6 Likes

Wilshere > all.

Not even I’d suggest that. :arteta:

Wilkins is on drugs.

Wilkins is a self confessed alcoholic right? He must have drove through a brewery just before saying all that.

Absolutely hilarious that someone can even get that published in a media outlet.