Mesut Özil

They weren’t though, the depth or parts of the spine were poor, which inevitably leads to drops in performance when your best players get injured. Cesc going on strike didn’t help either.

I think we are closer to a title challenge than we were 3 years ago. We have a better centre back pairing, better defensive midfielders, better wingers, better striking options and Ozil has improved. Depth in every position is now better.

We’re 3 points off the lead, have dominated leaders Chelsea and grabbed a rare point at Old Trafford, that didn’t happen 3 years ago, let’s see what happens.

3 Likes

I agree we have a lot better squad than we had 3 years ago just don’t think that it’s translating to results thats all Im saying.

Last season we had a very balanced team as far as experience and youth goes. Van Persie and Nasri were healthy…there is really no excuse to only win one out of the last six games.

We started well 3 years ago with an easy run of fixtures but we still lost at OT and drew against Chelsea at home. We have some easier games to build momentum now before Man City (a), with:

Bournemouth (h)
West Hame (a)
Stoke (h)
Everton (a)
Man City (a)

11 points would be pretty good, any more would be a bonus. After that we have more easier fixtures with:

Wba (h)
Palace (h)

If we win those with a minimum of 17 points we’ll be on 42 points half way through the season and in contention.

1 Like

Yeah what you have just stated is what is required to be in the Mix.

I’d be suprised if we go unbeaten into the new year.

So would I as I think on current form the Man City away game is a definite loss if they are up for it.

Article in Marca today about Özil apparently wanting to go back to Madrid, his agent having offered him, but not gonna even read those madridista cunts article.

Yeah well if he thinks he’s going anywhere he’ll need to get himself out of my basement first, and I have steel doors! :ozil2:

1 Like

You kinky fucker

2 Likes

Real Madrid is the pinnacle of world football though. It wouldn’t suprise me one bit if he still wants to be there. If it actually happens is a whole different story.

Oh the ever reliable Marca. We are still waiting on Fabregas and David Silva to join.

Infact I recall a particularly intetesting Marca story about Rooney joining Madrid.

Wouldn’t even wipe my arse with that rag. Fear not lads, Ozil is a Gooner.

No doubt. Doesn’t mean he can’t be or isn’t ‘homesick’. That was more my point.

Germany is his “home”

I don’t see any truth in this story either. And as much as I love Özil and think he is THE football God, I doubt Real want him back anyway.

The article (just from the summary that shows up automatically in the link in my phone from a friend–if you can call a madridista such a thing ;)) says that Di María and Özil have both offered themselves back to Madrid.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true, but don’t see either actually getting a move back.

Don’t think going back to Madrid is really an option for him at this moment, but delaying his extension for this long is really not a good sign.

1 Like

Real Madrid or not his agent will be talking to all of Europe’s elite clubs to see who’s willing to offer him the largest wage.

2 Likes

Ozil has already equalled his Premier League goal tally of last season with eight goals

7 Likes

That would be his season goal tally as his premier League goal tally is 4.

1 Like