Mesut Özil

Lots of other world class players win games for their teams when their teammates aren’t pulling their weight.

What about all the big games for us where we’ve needed a big performance from him and we didn’t get it?

2 Likes

Except when it matters apparently since last time I checked Spurs have bottle it in every competition.

4 Likes

Bullshit.

Ozil has been let down by poor finishing from teammates in a lot of his time at Arsenal. Should have set the assist record that wouldn’t ever be broken in the EPL, but for weak finishing.

I must have missed all of the trophies that Eriksen has helped his club win. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The take the game by the scruff of the neck narrative is tired.

He could be that #10 but for some reason he doesn’t attempt to be, what he does very little few in the game can do.

He’s forever an easy target but the reality is he played in a team that was disjointed, lacked unity and also woefully wasteful. People can call him a luxury but if someone makes those around him better and makes the best players in the team shine you’re not a luxury in my book, you’re a necessity.

4 Likes

I really hate this argument.

Ozil is always blameless isn’t he? Criticise him and it must mean you don’t ‘understand’ subtle nuances of his game.

3 Likes

Why did I know when I came in here it would be full of clueless people slating Özil.

BORINNNNNNNNNNNNG :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

He can be criticised, the issue is him being the poster boy of said criticism.

It happens every time and is no coincidence, how many will be taking shots at Muller, Kroos, Hummels et al before Özil in the German media? All these former players were talking only about him off the back of the Mexico game, funny that.

I suppose he was to blame for the shitty defence and mistake that Neuer made for the goal.

4 Likes

Eriksen is a scum cunt. Fuck him. He couldn’t lace Mesut’s boots

So criticise him for meeting Erdogan then, don’t criticise him for playing badly when others that played worse but will get let off.

Don’t tell me you can’t see what the AfD were trying there. It was obvious.

I see what you are trying to say with regards to Eriksen, but when Eriksen has won a German Cup, 3 FA Cups, Copa del Rey, La Liga and a.World cup, being integral every step of the way, I’ll defer to him.

2 Likes

“Urgh, people just don’t understand football if the criticise Ozil. His value and quality just can’t be measured in things like assists and goals in big games, it’s all about his amazing body feint, languid body language and his ability to get the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre assist that really sets him apart from everyone else :relieved::relieved::relieved:

YAWN.

It’s all well and good scoring worldies in 6-0 games against Ludogoretz in the group stages of the CL when you’ve already qualified but if you can’t do it in the big important games, why are you lauded as one of the best players in the world and making £350k pw.

The problem with Ozil is that it seems he can only play in a team where Ronaldo is up front and another £300m on the pitch around him.

3 Likes

He is one of the best players in the world.

Involved in 61 goals in terms of goals and assists in 91 appearances for Germany.

The numbers speak for themselves.

5 Likes

The fact you like Eriksen more when he plays for Tottenham just cause hes Danish is even more ridiculous haha.

Be great to see what your man has ever won?

1 Like

Yet nobody was seemingly willing to pursue him with one year left on his deal

1 Like

How many goals and assists did he get in the 2014 world cup out of interest?

Edit: From what I can see, he got 1…

More than Eriksen :giroud3:

That’s a poor argument to be honest, #10’s aren’t in vogue anymore.

Real struggled to offload James too, it is what it is.

Who was chasing Auba?

Well Eriksen already has a goal and an assist this world cup and his team qualified through their group :giroud3:

Ozil was arguably much higher rated than either James or Auba when they left their clubs.

Well exactly. Care to explain why?