Manchester United

Was Mata subbed on then off again?

^ Yep :joy:

He obviously gets credit for the winning goal but otherwise I thought Ibra looked pretty mediocre. Ibra and Rooney is not a great combination in the middle - both want to drop back and get on the ball, neither is a threat to turn the center backs or run behind the defense. You need to flank Ibra with direct players that want to do the running forward without the ball but Rashford is really the only player they have like that (Martial has the speed, but his instinct is always to drop back and get on the ball as well, not to make runs behind).

2 Likes

Dunno what is worse these cunts winning with Jose, or these fucking inbreds from Leicester that think they are a suddenly a big club than Us and Liverpool etc, i want to see Leicester crumble their fans are getting way to big for their boots they were lucky last season but they cannot seem to realise this and yes there is banter but some of these fans have become very abusive and nasty.

1 Like

Also interesting that Mhki was effectively 6th on the depth chart at the AM positions (Martial, Rooney, Lingard starting then Rashford and Mata subbed on before him). That is one to watch as Mkhi and Mourinho is potentially a pretty bad match from a personality standpoint.

3 Likes

I feel bad for mata he goes to a club Jose gets rid, goes to another club Jose will likely get rid, he seems to follow Mata around like a lingering fart!

2 Likes

Ibra is a match winner at this point. He’s not trying to be a Wenger fundamentalist’s wet dream. He win them the match today and he’ll do it again and again because goals win matches and he scores goals.

Wes Morgan squashed like a bug.

It’s a meaningless friendly no bother.

Well he can walk all he wants, as long as he scores and keep the fans happy. I wouldn’t mind having such a player at all.

1 Like

If that was meaningless then what was our match today and the others you’re using to big up Chamberlain?

3 Likes

Last year it was Ox that was coming of age that scored the winner that delivered Wenger another trophy in this game wasn’t it ? haha

1 Like

I think it will be enough against low-level and mid-level teams like Leicester, but I’m not sure he’s going to do much against top teams. And even if he scores against the likes of City or us, I’m not sure his goals make up for his lack of contribution during the rest of the game. Time will tell, but I’m not convinced.

1 Like

Ibra is transcendent, like Pirlo for Italy in his later years…he’s just mentally ahead of everyone else he doesn’t need to run out like a chicken with its head cut off like our boys tend to do. He knows where to be and when he needs to be there which is more than I can say for our guys.

4 Likes

Except in the CL.

1 Like

It hasn’t mattered in his career so far and he’s done pretty well despite lack of back tracking. And I’m not sure that he would do the team any good, carrying his weight around the whole pitch chasing down balls. He is built extremely muscular and if he was to run around like Vardy (who is thin as a toothpick in comparison) he wouldn’t last more then 30 mins. But time will tell as you say.

It only counts when we win it and Ox wipes that smirk off Mourinho’s fucked face. I didn’t make up the rules, that’s just how it is :blush:

1 Like

So it turns out the Pogback deal is probably going to be around 89m rather than 100m+, so only a few million more than Bale in 2013. With the market inflation I’d say this was effectively a better deal than that and they’re probably around a similar level so it’s not as outrageous as people wanted it to be.

Noob question - is he United homegrown? That would probably push his value up to them a little.

Hes a few months short it would seem.

Bale is/was a bigger talent than him, though, IMO.

Tbh I can’t help but look at Pogba and see a very flashy, mediatic player who won’t necessarily have more worth to his team than, say, a Verratti, who won’t go for a £89. Not taking away from his talent or his quality, just saying if I want to buy an impact midfielder he’s precisely the type of player I’d avoid. Better comparisons, IMO, would be the Kroos or Modric deals, as Pogba will be lucky to ever be as fantastic as those two players. Kroos is obviously a one-off because of his contract situation, but what would Modric, at the same age he was bought by Mourinho, go for in today’s environment? I can’t see it going over £60m.

I guess I just mean to say that I’m very happy with Xhaka for £30m or so rather than Pogba for £89m.

Not saying it’s a bad deal, though, I guess it’s just not one of those deals I see, and think, fuck, I’m envious of that club, wish it were us making that deal, like with say City and Sané and Gabriel Jesus, or United with Mkhitaryan or Martial last season, or Hazard with Chelsea.

9 Likes