Manchester United

Also the terrible losses to them in 14/15 at home and the 1-0 loss to them at OT under David Moyes.

You would remember that wouldn’t you.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, guess we aren’t allowed to remember our failure to beat the worst ever Man U side I’ve ever seen in two attempts. I guess we had better make a concerted effort to forget losing twice to last season’s frankly abysmal Chelsea side. Heaven forbid anyone actually mentions that fact.

5 Likes

I do have a terrible memory, but maybe it’s just the optomist in me because I went and threw those results out of my mind. I just remember getting one over on those cunts. Ignorance is bliss I’m telling you.

1 Like

Fergie had run that team into the ground, all their best players were old and on their last legs and/or injured. Fergie knew what he was doing getting out when he did.

Moyes didn’t have the transfer budget the last 2 managers had, they only started seriously investing BIG after they lost the CL. Mourinho would probably sign better players because he’s better connected with agents, where as Moyes messed up chasing Fabregas all summer long.

Old rivalries are a funny thing. They remembered how to tactically play us and kept it up. We had a mental block in being able to beat them at that stage. So it was that Moyes United beat us.

1 Like

Swansea away today. Will this be the win that turns Swansea’s form for the season around if they get a win against a worse for wear Man Utd? what a contrast it would be!

Any team in the league right now should be smelling blood when playing against the Mancs, it’s points + a massive felling of a great team (even with their shocking form over the past three seasons).

Big Bob to do the job!!

1 Like

If they can have the same level of performance they gave against us at the Emirates they can defiantly take some points off United.

Two clubs in crisis, but i think Swansea have the edge. Manure are just non-exsistent atm.

It all depends on how the United players respond to Mourinho. If they are willing to buy into his philosophy then United can grow this season able he doesn’t seem able to motivate his players like how did at Chelsea in his first spell or at Inter. Let’s see though, I personally believe he’s a manager in decline but we’ll see. I’m enjoying it though.

1 Like

As much as I dislike Mourinho and Man U, they were very unlucky in their last PL game against Burnley, and have had other games where they completely out played the opposition but still not won.

If they play like they did in their last PL game, they are going to thrash Swansea, who look poor with their new manager.
I hope I’m wrong, but realistically there should be no way they won’t win this.

They have lost 2-1away to Swansea in the last two seasons :wink:

2 Likes

It was Burnley at home though, supposedly one of the easiest games you’ll play all year. There has to be a problem with their style of play if their chance conversion is that low. I don’t buy it’s merely the strikers not converting, but it’s partly the predictability of their attacks.

2 Likes

Ibra will miss the game against us because he got another yellow today.

With that said Rashford will probably start up top and bag a hatrick :iwobi:

1 Like

After all the laughing at Jose etc, United will be only 3 points behind us when we have our annual capitulation at Old Trafford.

Why do you always have to look on the dark side? :wilshere:

1 Like

To be honest as annoying as it is I’ve seen nothing from us this season that suggests we are superior to other seasons, I admit we have more depth and therefore a stronger squad but whenever push comes to shove we fail. We have already dropped points 3 home games which is too many and yeah we have won all our away games bar one but who have they been against ? Watford, Hull, Burnley & Sunderland ?

You win the league against the smallest teams, tbf. We had the best record against the top 4 last season, but we still didn’t win the league in the end.

We drop to many points at home to put it simply, generally the team that wins the league wins 14/15 + home games, we have already dropped points in 3 games at home.

Yep, but there are still plenty of games to play for.