Manchester United

How glorious would it be if turned Man U into what he did last year at Chelsea.

Can’t see it going that bad based on the 1st half I saw from the last night ( Aus time )

Wishful thinking on my part. Would go crazy to see Arsenal beat them twice this season and finish above them.

Then again, Jose’s act is wearing thin quicker than it normally does.

https://twitter.com/kloppholic/status/779658389316132864

:arteta:

3 Likes

Not sure if true but it’s going around that Rojo threw his shirt to the fans after tonight’s game and they threw it back at him :joy:

If they cannot qualify to the UCL with the team they have right now, they won’t make it in quite some time.

Too many expensive players, too many egos, lots of unnecessary rotation and lack of game plan.

Their gameplan is pass it to zslatan.

If it gets Maureen out on his earhole, then it works for me.

You can’t argue with a point at Anfield but United really look fairly mediocre right now. They offered close to nothing going forward even when generating lots of turnovers in the first half with their high press and never looked dangerous on the break in the second half when Liverpool were dominating.

I think Zlatan takes a lot off the table for them, especially in this type of match screaming out for a pacy striker, and long term will be a hindrance to the development of Rashford and Martial. His movement is very static and they are very predictable in attack - look to pass it forward to Zlatan dropping back to get on the ball or play down the wing and look to cross to Zlatan.

1 Like

Agree. They played with Pogba/Rashford and Zlatan high up, congested the midfield with the FBs moving up to create some 3 5 1 1 style and managed to stop Pool in the build up phase mid pitch. Whenever United won the ball they didn’t send anyone else forward, the rest (more or less) stayed put so that it was always difficult to hit them on the counter, a clear going-for-a-draw tactic vs. a press.

2nd half they backed their midfield down a bit and Liverpool found themselves in the Arsenal situation, setting up for chess and looking for through balls but they have much worse players for that type of football. Great for a draw but had Pool gotten that goal in the 60th or so United would’ve been proper fucked.

Pogba+Fellaini+Zlatan are too static to all play at the same time, you can understand why Rashford and Martial look like they spice things up in a team like that. Rooney is falling, Mata is on and off, they still need to switch out another 3-4 players to get their shit together it seems. They’d need a young Fabregas or Cazorla type of fleet-footed passing genius from central midfield who can give the slowpokes a few seconds to get in positions for deep runs whenever they win possession. Perhaps.

1 Like

They should play Mata to be more creative, but Mourinho hates him.

It would make sense he’ll use this season to install a proper organization and clean up the (tactical) deficiencies they had. They’ll get, I reckon, some attacking talent next summer, and could be a real contender. More or less the same that happened in his second stint with Chelsea. They’ve spent a similar amount as City, but City already had a solid squad, and United fell behind pretty far. More of catching up too do.

Yes as they hardly added any attacking talent the last two summers did they? They need a ball-playing defensive midfielder. Just no link from defence to attack.

Watch it be Antoine mother fucking Greizmann, they’ll happily pay his release clause & Grizou will get to don his idol’s (Beckham :confused:) No7 shirt.

They got Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan and Pogba this summer. They already had Martial and Rashford. Mata isn’t bad either.

What’s all that if not attacking talent? I expect that they will add to that next summer, because they are stinking rich and one of the biggest clubs in the world, but he already has the tools at his disposal.

That’s Mourinho. No amount of talent is enough for him. At times buys players just to stop others from getting the said player.
He is especially cruel with wingers.
Salah, De Bruyne, Cudrado, and it seems now Mkhitaryan is the victim.

1 Like

Exactly.
Ferguson was the same.

I don’t know what the deal is with Mkhi, but I think Depay, Martial, Mata and Rashford are not good enough yet or don’t fit in his football. I just wouldn’t be suprised if they sign a number 10/second striker, because Rooney is done, and a right winger next summer.

Mata is their best midfielder by miles. It’s just Mourinho who hates him.

1 Like

Just like they said about Van Gaal, and we all know how his second year went. Yes he won the FA Cup but couldn’t qualify for the CL in his second year.