Manchester United

:arteta: :poldi: :wenger: :mustafi: :auba: :giroud3: :unai: :mkhi: :ramsey:

I LOVE THIS GAME

6 Likes

The madness continues

what in the fuck are they doing over there? If we signed a player like fellaini to a new deal and bought a 35 year old goalkeeper (yes i know they have signed fred) i would lose my shit. How in the heck are we doing better in the transfer market than Manu. Now that i have said that they will go buy Ronaldo etc.

Not much reason to spend money on a 3rd year Mourinho. You may as well keep the powder dry for the next manager.

3 Likes

aaaahhhh glorious

1 Like

Patrick-Stewart-Laughing

4 Likes

Fellaini as a back up and option off the bench makes him a useful utility player. They already have Fred, Pogba and Matic so he won’t play as much as in the past

1 Like

Only Josè loves these type of players :mustafi:

Fellaini is a limited player and a half decent plan B at best. Personally I would have sacked him off, but it appears that José loves him.

And the good news for us is that we get to enjoy Man United fans being angry over him for a while longer

4 Likes

thought you were saying something else there for a split second :gabriel:

5 Likes

Nooooooooo

:gabriel:

I definitely have standards!

2 Likes

A Mav classic right there :henry2:

And the better news is that the prick won’t somehow end up here.

I assume the plan is to play a lot of 4-3-3 with a midfield of Pogba, Fred, and Matic, Herrera off the bench, and Fellaini as the hoofball Plan B.

I just don’t really see how this team is meaningfully better than last year, absent some other major additions. Still have no good fullbacks, still don’t have a standout central defender, still don’t have a midfield that can keep possession and play it on the carpet against a high press.

They have as good a chance as anybody other than City at making Top 4 but their odds of winning the title or making a deep CL run seem very slim.

1 Like

Honestly they could sign multiple top players and it would end in them finishing below City.

I’m not sure they’ll finish above Liverpool who are assembling a great squad indeed with a manager that plays attacking free flowing football, United’s issue will always be Jose. The days of believing you can simply draw against your main rivals away from home beat everyone else and win the league are over.

His approach and methods are obsolete and he is not the type to change, I predict he’ll be gone before his contract expires.

4 Likes

In terms of midfield Fred is meant to be that player isn’t he? His ball carrying and close control is certainly something they didn’t have.

It will be interesting to see how a midfield of Sanchez, Pogba and Fred will work with Lukaku upfront.
They are also going to have to keep Rashford and Martial happy, because they aren’t going to want to have yet another season as bench players, and they still need to sort out the FB and CB positions.

I can’t believe Fred will be their only big signing in this window.

I can’t see them ever playing that midfield

Wouldn’t it be:

…Matic
…Pogba…Fred
Rashford…Alexis
…Lukaku

And I doubt Fred is their only big signing, expecting someone to come in for that right wing spot and maybe Martial being shipped out. Real may ship out Bale or CR7 for that spot otherwise it’ll be someone else. Maybe Mourinho wants another defender or 2 aswell