Manchester City

Mmm I wouldn’t want to underestimate City’s players. They’re going to have a very strong team

That fucking rule.
That makes us keep hold of Gibbs, Wilshere & other mediocre players.

Seriously has that rule made any difference to quality of English players?

I know we have to spend, but 47,5 mil for a CB are just meh. At this rate you will have to pay 150 mil for a striker.

Thats not the point of the rule at all. Its there to make it appear like they give a fuck.

1 Like

:joy:

From City’s official website.

https://twitter.com/SeBlueLion_EN/status/762989287717662720

1 Like

Considering his age, and potential, that’s a bargain in today’s market.

It’s funny how we buy Rob Holding for cheap and City buy John Stones for big money. Different worlds. Hopefully we get Mustafi

2 Likes

Just watching a bit of MotD. Clichy and Sagna getting into midfield with possession? Interesting no doubt–he’s got some balls, Pep–but if this the plan to make up for a lack of CBs and CMs, Clichy and Sagna have got to be two of the worst players possible to execute it. :joy:

3 Likes

You need to look at the amortized cost and the potential resale value here. Stones will probably have PL titles to his name by 2019 but we’ll be selling Rob Holding to them with 3 4th place finishes to his name for big money. Good business that.

Guardiola didn’t want Hart, now they are signing Claudio Bravo. That’s how you get better. Not hoping players maybe will be better/fit this year.

5 Likes

They still didn’t look all that hot. A dodgy pen to give them the momentum and then they did close it out after stoke went for the draw. I will give them credit though they finish their counters. Much more than I can say for Arsenal.

1 Like

Can you Imagine what your response would be if we won 4-1 at the Brittania?

2 Likes

2 games. 6 points.

I have a feeling if they’d had Liverpool at home and Leicester away, they’d still have 6 points from 2 games.

2 Likes

That’s about as much as you need to know this far into the season. It’s all about points and we’ve been poor at winning them. Performances become important when the first longer runs of domestic games start and there’s no international break every 3-4 weeks.

Gundogan already injured?? He hasn’t played or featured at all for them.

Was injured when they signed him, still injured I believe.

2 Likes

He’s back in training, so should probably be available after the international break.

1 Like

It seems like Toure’s career as a starter is over at City. It appears he needs to compete with De Bruyne and Silva for the non-DM spots. Which he’s not going to win.

1 Like

Solid window for them.

3 Likes

Since the takeover, Manchester City’s domination of English and potentially European football has never once been in doubt. The only real disappointment from our side is the failure to even try to challenge them and the others.

1 Like