Manchester City

They could have bought Gimenez for less.

Could they have though?

47m would have been tempting for Atletico as well, especially for a defender.
Defenders don’t go for that much.

Fuck this shit. Ordering a City shirt and moving to Blue Moon.

3 Likes

They must have a few cheap castoffs we could use like that nice sami nasri who gets on with everyone in the dressing room !

Atlético is now a big club with a big manager, Jimenez is one of the best young CBs in the game who is absolutely essential to their project who is under the tutelage of said big manager
this is to say, unless you are playing a video game, your statement is undoubtedly false.

Mangala and Bony (50M pounds) out of squad.

So fucking what?
Throw money at players and they will come.

Maybe, but what does that have to do with your statement about the price they could get him for being totally wrong?

That’s something we don’t quite get here at the Arsenal.

But we are talking about City and an already spent 47m.

Apart from Mangala, I can’t think of single defender sold for 47m. So I don’t see why Gimenez won’t be sold for that amount.

So after all that money can buy you Stones.

1 Like

Guess what

City identified the need for a ball playing centre back and they went out and bought one.

What a fantastic transfer policy.

3 Likes

They’ve had a fantastic transfer window. Watch what Guardiola will do with this lot and admire.

2 Likes

Who wants all those top players when we always win the, “How Much Money We Can Accumulate,” trophy every transfer window?

Makes me laugh who have said: City identified the player and have bought him, especially in this case with Stones. City and Everton were talking about the defender since last January and only now, second week of August, the deal has been completed.

So what?
It’s still got done before the seasons has started and they have bought plenty of other players as well.
What have we done?
Bought a DM that we should have bought seasons ago.

The need for homegrown players probably also played a part here.

1 Like

They are building a new team and until today Pep has bought probably one or two useful players in the immediate future.

So if they have only bought two useful players and are building a new team, that means, this season, we should easily be ahead of them.