Man City vs Arsenal (PL) 0-0

That’s got to be our attitude. We might as well give up the title chase now if we don’t believe we can beat this version of City, even at their ground.

1 Like

I hope a good number of our players get a good old rest and don’t get run into the ground for these useless internationals

9 Likes

It’s unusual for Man City to drop points in consecutive games so, after the draw with Liverpool and them playing us at home, they are going to go for the win which might play into our hands.
We are strong defensively so they will have to attack in numbers which means we can counter.

Although KDB isn’t on top form, Haaland is still scoring regularly and they’ll also have the ref on their side, so it won’t be easy but I’ll go for a low scoring draw, with a controversial decision for them.

1 Like

That’s my big worry. There is always something that derails our hopes and with our current squad, it’s injuries to key players. I hope Arteta has a good enough relationship with most of the international managers to put in a word about managing their workload during these stupid internationals.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kristofterreur/status/1768205726814454172
https://twitter.com/AMonFootball/status/1768213886975557834

2 Likes

Fuck that’s annoying, they’d be playing if it was league games I’d say. Pricks.

5 Likes

Day after my 30th, only birthday present I need :birthday: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If Tomiyasu goes Japan, I swear.

Fuck sake

They are afraid of us

Lot of groin action going on at city, they must’ve been watching our 2024 highlights.

3 Likes

He was not called up.

So far by my count the following important players will stay with us:

Partey
Tomiyasu
Jesus
Martinelli
White
Timber (no surprise)

The physios need to earn their money over the next two weeks. We need all these guys fit and firing (besides maybe Timber) for the run in because we could end up playing twice a week for six weeks straight and almost every game will be must win.

2 Likes

Lol Haaland with his fake injuries again. Fucking jokers.

Bastards are doping anyways and then they try and get their players more rest than everybody else as well.

3 Likes

At least Ben White gets a rest as Southgate hasn’t picked him… again! The loser.

Why hasn’t Saka been given a reprieve?

You gotta wonder why UEFA don’t agree some deal with FIFA about these friendlies. I’m also surprised the PL hasn’t tried to institute some rule requiring a player pulling out of an international squad to sit a league match to avoid this kind of obvious fuckery. I don’t know you could really implement a rule like that but you’d have thought someone would have raised the question.

1 Like

Because of the stupid fa cup we have two international breaks in a row it seems like :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Ridiculous long wait especially given the hectic schedule we have left in the run-in. Feels inefficient.
But, at least our players will get some days off and needed rest to get fully charged.
While City and Liverpool players don’t.

As a fan it’s frustrating as hell though :smiley:

4 Likes

And this is why it’s important to keep progressing in cup competitions.

1 game a week was a bullshit narrative people spun to make it seem like an advantage.

It is not. I think this was the biggest factor in our demise last season.

I dunno, I think fatigue really fucked us last season.

A mini-break for Martinelli and Jesus in particular could make a huge difference. Their high energy and intensity will be a critical factor in big games.

3 Likes

Inactivity didn’t help is last season, but I think having to start Holding in key games was much more detrimental.

3 Likes