Lucas Perez (Transfer complete)

If the Perez had Mesut Ozil feeding him crosses and through balls, rather than whichever plodders line up in the Depor midfield each week, one would expect a proportionate leap in the player’s productivity.

He may not be the most fashionable signing, nor the most expensive at £17million, but could Lucas Perez be the man to finally change Arsenal from a team that tries to walk it into the net to a team that simply rains goals? He has the potential to become Wenger’s shrewdest buy in years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/26/why-lucas-perez-is-actually-the-solution-to-arsenals-problems/

I’m actually really looking forward to watching him this season, Sounds like an inspired buy from Wenger tbf

1 Like

That’s the first I’ve heard of it.

2 Likes

I know, imagine looking forward to seeing our new striker play for us. When I should be moaning like the rest of you :expressionless:

4 Likes

Fify :giroud2:

Hope to god he isn’t number 9.
Man I believe in that curse, bloody djinn created by Alan Smith has cursed it. Give that fucking number to Sanogo.

1 Like

He scored 17 goals last season.
He’s costing us around 17m.

Lets pray to fuck he gets no.17.

That article isn’t even trying to be any interesting or offer insight. I guess I shouldn’t have expected too much from the telegraph.

Yeah If Ibra get a 6 month injury before December.

1 Like

Vardy really broke your heart @Castiel, but you must learn how to love again.

I created Spanish Jaime Vardy, I just never thought it would come back to bite me on the ass.

This signing just reeks of Gervinho to me.

Park Chu Young, Gervinho, what’s next people? Francis Jeffers? I’m surprised I haven’t seen the name Jose Antonio Reyes being bandied about given that we’re talking about a left-footed Spanish forward… These comparisons are stupid at the moment. We haven’t even seen the fella play yet and we’re coming up with replicas.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what was being said about the blokes you mention there Hass

Face it, we just don’t have a good record with this kind of fallback to a fallback signing. We didn’t want this guy for 3 months, but now we got him. It’s not fair on the player really but such is life at this club right now.

1 Like

I fully agree that it’s a massive gamble and one I myself have little hope in paying off enough (given the greatness we need), but everything surrounding the aforementioned examples of Park Chu Young and Gervinho were so different that they’re effectively irrelevant. I understand voicing doubts about this signing because there’s obviously good reason to be pessimistic about it. It’s just that these circumstance comparisons are so disconnected and baseless. We don’t need to resort to the illogical to describe something that requires only simple explanation.

1 Like

Why is that?

We’d sign Messi and you’d complain that he is too old.

1 Like

Can’t believe how desperate things have become! Everyone is going on like we’ve just made the signing of the season, spurred on by Perez or his mom writing articles and posting every YouTube video ever made about this guy.

Wengers just a sly bastard, he had no intention of buying a WC striker. He held off for so long because he knew at the end when he does bring someone in, we would be so desperate we wouldn’t even question wether he was world class or “super quality”, we would just take it like fickle school girls, which is exactly what’s happening.

For me it’s no where near good enough, if we want to win the league then we can’t be taking a massive gamble on a player who had only one good season. If he’s so good why didn’t he blow up the Greek league, which is probably one of the weakest leagues in Europe? We need WC proven players who have had at least 3/4 good seasons. It’s funny as well, that we weren’t able to get any of the marquee signings done in 3 months but manged to wrap up the bargain basement deal in like 3 days.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it, just another year of the same crap!

2 Likes

Lol ffs first off has Bilal ever had a single original thought of his own? Secondly why does everyone in here sound like a woman who desperately needs to remove her tampon on her most cramp filled day of pms’ing the fuck out? Holy shit she would be much better company than most of these vagina’s who support Arsenal because at least that ends after a week or so. This just keeps going and going.

We’ve signed a striker who could be fantastic and are on the verge of signing a highly rated CB, which is going to make the season a lot more exciting and enjoyable. Can the Arsenal fanatics who act like following the club is a constant punch in the ovaries just shut the fuck up and let the normal logical Arsenal supporters (me and maxi) enjoy our club?

7 Likes

You can’t enjoy Arsenal because people on the internet are ruining it for you?

2 Likes

Yes, i’m not an advocate of cyber bullying. There needs to be a safe space on this site.

Btw @Oliver glad you’re back we’ve needed another cool head around here. Ffs Arsenal don’t win a trophy for one year and the spoiled fanatics go off the deep end.

1 Like

The way some of you WKB are somtimes so self righteous is a little lame tbh some are right to voice their concerns, however, since he’s coming now all we can do is hope he can acclimatise quickly.

I like the cut of this guy’s jib but let’s be real if towards the end of the season you were told we would end up with him it wouldn’t be a bed of roses.

And c’mon man two FA cups in well over a decade is “spoiled”? Who are we Wigan?

4 Likes