Lucas Perez (Transfer complete)

Reading reports from Spain, I’m convinced of how good could be this player for us. I don’t know him perfectly, but looks a type of player like Jamie Vardy. He is fast, an electric player who will be not easy to mark.

Has technique, his left foot has power and fine touch.

I agree with Arseblog when speaks about a the budget Griezmann despite he reminds me to David Villa and Josè Antonio Reyes.

He isn’t Lacazette, isn’t Chicharito Hernandez, isn’t a player who will be 100% useful because hasn’t never played for a great club like Arsenal, but Monreal before to be here has been part of a great club. If he will become not a “Alexis Sanchez type of player” but only a “Monreal (the best squad player of the World)”, I will be super happy.

https://twitter.com/VillaverdeRCD/status/740915617910431744

:thinking:

Someone care to translate the Spanish?

El bielo who?!

I’m happy that we are signing a a striker to help Giroud out but what I’m not happy about is it’s not the “Super Quality” player Wenger promised, he always says we have the money so we should be going for a striker to win us the league not get us top 4 again, like every single season. I will get behind Perez as an Arsenal fan but he seems like a bit of a panic buy so late into the window

4 Likes

@Hass @Maxi_Gooner

“The belorussian says that if Vardy doesn’t goes to Arsenal, Arsenal will end up signing Lucas Perez, who they came to see in winter at Riazor.”

Something like that, I’m not very good at translating.

1 Like

Thanks @TheSpecialCnut, but who is the belorussian?

No idea, I remember reading a twit in what looked slavic yesterday but I can’t remember who was.

Welcome Lucas. I don’t care about your cost, just please don’t be shit.

8 Likes

Will be very interested to see how he gets on. Fair play if he ends up being quality.

we still need another striker really because of Danny Welbeck being constantly injured

He’s no Bergkamp but I remember my favourite player of all time failed to score until his 7th league game playing for us. Give him a chance.

4 Likes

Giroud?

:henry2:

1 Like

I wonder if he’ll wear the number 9 shirt.

1 Like

9 months are a lot of time. He has to be good at this point.

9 months and it still takes us all summer to pull the fucking trigger, disappointing if true. This guy could have been the difference when we were chasing a league title and it was obvious our forward options weren’t what we would have hoped for.

3 Likes

Scouting players for excessive amounts of time seems to be standard operating procedure for Wenger/AFC.

I just saw his highlight video from last year. He created a lot of goals from scratch and scored some beauties. But I didn’t see a single goal playing against a packed and settled defense. Obviously Deportivo probably didn’t face that situation very much so you can’t really blame him. Still, its going to be a big adjustment playing for a team like Arsenal who dominates the ball and spends a good portion of matches idly kicking it around in the other team’s half of the field, trying to figure out how to find a way through. I’m not saying he can’t play that game - really I have no clue about this player - just that I wouldn’t expect him to be a natural in that setting right away. Giroud might still be our best striker option in a lot of matches, especially at the start of the year as Perez adjusts to the team and league.

I thought that was pretty common procedure with any club?

Scouted for nine months but we still pursue Vardy, Lacazette and perhaps even this mysterious world class striker that there was a snowflakes chance in hell of landing.

Yeah not buying it.

4 Likes