Lucas Pérez

It really depends on how Wenger “judge” and see it. If we count goal/assist per game ratio, Perez would be our starter.
If Wenger decide by name/fame, then not.

Smells of Podolski and Campbell. Maybe a hint of Park too with the timing of the deal. Rightly or wrongly he’s not likely to get significant time under Wenger if he stays. He won’t really be missed so I’d rather lose a player Wenger doesn’t fancy if it means we might bring in one he does (even if I like what I’ve seen of him).

1 Like

if he likes london life and wants to play first team football he will go

might be an idea to loan him out maybe as i cant see what he brings to arsenal if hes 3rd choice striker

i think he could be talented but not sure if he is going to get his chance at arsenal

Ah, I hope we don’t let him go. Though, unless we get a new manager who gives him a guarantee, then he’ll (rightfully) push for a move. He’s 28. At that age you need to be playing regularly.

So we have barely used him this season, but we still ask a big prize for him? That’s crazy.

Guessing he probably wasn’t interested in the move to China.

What was the fucking point of signing him lol. We just took Depor’s best player and captain? for no reason at all.

Savage from us :joy:

2 Likes

Perez is just the latest in a long line of strikers that are decent but not the world class quality we need.
Giroud, Welbeck, Perez, Sanogo, Campbell and then Walcott occasionally.

Why does Wenger spend so much on so many adequate strikers when he could buy just one player to do a proper job.
The wages alone for all our strikers, if you include Walcott, must be nearly half a million a week, and we aren’t exactly strong in that position.

Get one striker, pay them what they deserve and stop accumulating mediocrity.

What a wasted signing. He’s been pretty respectable this season and has been a useful signing that simply should’ve been given more chances.

You just know whoever wears the #9 shirt at Arsenal, is doomed from the start.

He’s literally done nothing wrong for us.

He has performed, scored and assisted in every game we put him out in. What more can he do?!

1 Like

If we get a new manager i reckon we will see him play a lot more often especially if we lose Sanchez. I think it is wenger that is fucking about, there is no reason on gods green earth that he is not playing more often. I think this is the last season of Wenger judging by the movement of the club and some big names in it.

He’s been a quality signing for the price and we definitely could have gotten more from him too. Understandable if he goes but i think he could be an important squad player under a different manager.

1 Like

Quite a number were so happy that we signed him, and some believed he would be our new #9
Sorry, just another meanlingless signing by Wenger.

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t think anyone expected him to be a starter on a regular basis. Making appearances, yes and then the possibility that he could eventually tow the line or be integral from the wing is a fair assumption when we first signed him.

With that said, he’s clearly not been given enough opportunities this season to prove anything of note and the times he has featured or started, he has yielded excellent numbers. It’s very frustrating and goes to show that when Wenger ostracises a player, he really isn’t given much opportunities after that. Strange.

1 Like

Yes, he was overlooked by Wenger too much.

His agent (or him) stated that he wants to be selected by the national team for WC2018, and being a part/spare player isn’t going to help him that.

I expect him to ask for a transfer in the summer.

I think even mentioning Sanogo as decent is a stretch. Where is he tbh?

Playing for the youth team. Scored the winner against Spurs the other day :grinning:

Just a quick bump to let you know that despite what you all think, this guy is actually alive.

He is just lost somewhere at the back of Wenger’s mind, along with distant memories of what attractive football looks like, the knowledge on how to win trophies and the ability to take responsibility.

Possibly one of Wenger’s strangest signings.
Perez is his most expensive striker, and we were desperate, yet he rarely plays.
He might as well have kept the 17m and saved it up and put it towards a proper striker.
Giroud, Welbeck and Perez are all good enough as cover for a world class striker, but we don’t actually have one of those.

1 Like