Lucas Pérez

Better at what, facilitation? That doesn’t really make him the overall better player does it? In fact it’s likely the opposite.

Perez is the better player and by some margin too.

4 Likes

I cant remember if this has happened yet, but I would love to see a front three of Sanchez, Welbz and Perez…

1 Like

Well, I would expect the guy who said Schneiderlin was as good or better than Busquets and rates Ox in midfield and other miscellaneous bad judgments of players to say such a thing.

Iwobi has been poor tonight though. Not that Lucas has been much better though tbh.

Dude. You have been wrong about players too, as have we all.

No doubt, just not as consistently as @Darkseid

But yeah Wenger, you don’t have to play him :xhaka:

Haha you really went back there huh? I must have really hit a nerve, still after all this time you haven’t dropped your bitch tendencies. You’ve clearly kept it bottled up for a while though so feel free to let it all out.

I never said he was better than Busquets I called him overrated of the back of a very poor season, sue me. And all I said bout Chamberlain is that he played well in the middle but don’t let that stop your revisionism.

The fact you’re clutching to years old debates on the old forum is just sad really but for you quite true to form.

I’m not clutching at anything, I generally tend to disagree with your opinions on players, and saying something as silly as “Pérez is the better player and by some margin too” is a good example of why. It’s nothing personal, just the way it is.

Nah you’re definitely clutching because instead of arguing to the contrary with specific points you bring up Schneiderlin who people stopped talking about years ago.

Iwobi is talented, comfortable in possession and good at facilitating play but he is not better than Lucas Perez. He lacks end product which can be built upon but saying that he isn’t better than Perez is far from silly it’s actually pretty logical but of course you know oh so much more than everyone else.

that isn’t at all what you said though is it.

Schneiderlin is the obvious example because you went on about him embarrassingly for months, come off it. Just as people remind me about Sanogo because I went on about him for months (though never anything like you did with Schneiderlin tbf). It’s nothing to do with clutching, it’s just obvious and easy to remember, and you don’t need to pretend like it isn’t.

That’s why it’s only you that brings it up, it’s pretty juvenile really.

As if saying that BS negates anything I say, like many other members of the forum weren’t banging on about signing him.

And when people bring stuff up it’s actually quite funny whereas you are just salty because someone dares oppose what you’ve posted as if you’re an authority on anything. With that said I’m done.

It would be a big shame to lose Perez, I think he has real potential. He’s a very tenacious player, doesn’t give up on chances and we need that determination in our front line from someone other than Alexis.

He seems like a real threat on the ball too. He needs a run of games because I think we’ve only seen a bit of what he can do so far.

12 Likes

^ this.

Would you start him at Anfield?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I think Perez is probably a better player than Iwobi but Iwobi has more potential.
Whether he fulfils that potential is another thing, as so many players that have been here have failed to do so, and are now playing for smaller clubs or lower leagues.

Neither are going to win us the PL, and should be squad players, rather than first team starters.
There fact that Perez was bought as cover for Welbeck who was cover for Giroud and Sanchez says more about what Wenger thinks about him than anything else.
When we get a new manager, it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to get a new striker, and how long players like Perez, Giroud and Welbeck stick around.

Personally, I wouldn’t start him against Liverpool as we need our strongest team, but if things aren’t going our way then he will make an appearance.

I think your strongest team isn’t always your best eleven players. You need players who will give the team more, raise the tempo and keep their heads. That’s why the manager always seemed to pick Rosicky for the big matches, or why Ferguson always used to pick Park Ji-Sung for United’s crunch games. They knew those players would add something important even if it wasn’t individual quality.

4 Likes

Two of the top names linked with the Arsenal job have both shown a penchant for using target men. If anything Giroud is going to be a key member of the squad under either Allegri or Simeone who are both known to be tactically versatile. One of the best headers of the ball in the league isn’t going to binned like nothing.

5 Likes

We need players who are ready now. Having potential is good, but doesn’t win you anything.

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s Tuchel. :welbeck:

1 Like

Still don’t understand anyone wanting Tuchel over Simeone or Allegri, when I have watched Dortmund as exciting as they are they have defensive issues.

8 Likes