Liverpool

What’s the deal with Daniel Sturridge at Liverpool? Why doesn’t he play more? Why’s he been ineffective this season?

We’d win the league if we had him, he’d super for our system.

Coutinho 5 year deal 200 k a week signed sealed and delivered.

Wow, they concluded their business rapidly.

1 Like

Contracts mean nothing anymore, sure Luis Suarez signed a contract the year before he left didn’t he lol. Once Real or Barca show any interest in him he’s off, but at least Liverpool can get a great price for him.

I think for him it be better staying at Liverpool cause I think with a few good quality signings I think Klopp can bring titles to him. Get cl football every year and become a legend. Fair play to Liverpool to getting the deal tied down and given their fan’s a boost.

1 Like

So they do mean something.

6 Likes

He either doesn’t like to press or is simply unable to as much as Klopp would like, perhaps because his body just can’t handle the physical demands that is required of a Klopp team. It won’t work for him under Klopp and he’ll definitely be gone at some point.

Firminio may not be as good as a finisher or natural goal scorer like Sturridge, however, he runs all day long and has a huge appetite for closing down. He allows Liverpool to start off the press from the front, watching that United game encapsulates his importance to the side, he was pushing United back and forcing them to make mistakes for the whole game. Not only that but he was anticipating the mistakes and positioning himself to be a contstant thorn in their side.

With that said they do lose something with someone like Sturridge on the bench, there was a chance in that United game that fell to Firminio that Sturridge would have put away 9/10. However, for the particular brand of football Klopp plays he’s almost a perfect player.

5 Likes

Things aren’t looking good for Liverpool at the moment. Seem to be really missing Mane. Since he has been gone they’ve lost to Southampton twice, drew with United and lost to Swansea. Senegal are looking pretty strong at AFCON too so he won’t be back anytime soon.

No Mane, no party. Big shame :giroud:

2 Likes

We absolutely would not. Gerrard said he had to literally beg him to play that time Suarez was out with a ban.

We have far too many players without a genuine competitive edge, no point adding another.

He meant in terms of retaining a player.
Thought that was pretty obvious.

1 Like

Can we laugh at Liverpool then or should we wait until after our own game against Southampton.

Looking legit in those midweek games :joy:

As soon as they miss some key players and play every 3 days, they look fucked.

I guess you must miss arguing with me too. :slight_smile:

Hence why cherry picking parts of a post is bad bad bad.

9 Likes

The money was obviously a big influence on his decision to sign a new contract but it shows that Klopp also has pulling power as well.
If they can keep their best players, as well as getting some quality players in, Klopp is going to be aiming a little higher than the fourth place trophy.

Seems like not all Liverpool fans are a fan of Mr Klopp. This guy had a massive rant on BBC Radio 5 Live last night.

“Everton could overtake them the way that Liverpool are going. Liverpool is a club based on winning trophies and Jurgen Klopp is not a trophy-winning manager”. :joy:

1 Like

It was probably a Man U supporter who phoned in pretending they were Liverpool supporter :wink:

I can’t imagine many agreeing with him.

I assume the whole legion of Scousers are behind Klopp no matter what happens this season or possibly the next. When are they going to next land a manager of the same ilk again?

1 Like