Liverpool

Not sure many people outside of Liverpool or football fans would draw a negative connotation from that top tbh

2 Likes

Well if I seen that I just think it was a nice design I wouldnā€™t think of Liverpool or bob Marley

I donā€™t know the Bob Marley reference, but I have seen so many Liverpool shirts with 96 on the back, that I wouldnā€™t be able to help but think of that, particularly as itā€™s red! So yeah, for me, my first thought would be of Liverpool ā€“ and I find it incredibly surprising that no one in the process of the design to it reaching the shop floor thought, ā€œhang on, this looks familiarā€.

1 Like

Places like topman put numbers on stuff all the time and reference obscure shit that nobody cares about when they buy it. I doubt all topmanā€™s buyers are football fans either.

Itā€™s a really horrible top though. Looks like a cheap class of 96 leavers top that some student knocked up. I doubt much thought went into it at all.

2 Likes

How can Liverpool say itā€™s deliberate? Typical deluded scousers thinking the world revolves around them.

As Craigie said no thought really goes into these tops nor are they football people. Half of the young generation probably donā€™t give two shits about something that happened 30 odd years ago.

Liverpool are so self entitled its actually laughable.

2 Likes

Read quite a few bits and pieces about this top and this is the most offensive comment Iā€™ve seen yet.

6 Likes

How?

I ainā€™t a bob Marley fan so wouldnā€™t get the reference. And when I see the number 96 I donā€™t automatical think hillsbourgh disaster. Same if it said 58 I wouldnā€™t think off the busby babes would you?

I guess Americans should get upset and cause uproar every time they need to dial for the police and be reminded of 9/11.

People enjoy/feel they have a divine right to be offendedā€¦Please fuck off.

1 Like

Topman or the designer are full of shit, no way in feck was that not an attempt to mock Hillsborough. Why is the Bob Marley shirt the red of Liverpool rather than Rasta colours? Why is ā€˜96ā€™ so important to the shirt? Why is it where a football number would be? Since when did Bob have a things for roses over another plant? The white rose is symbol of Yorkshire, ie where it happened. 'What goes around comes around/karma" is an obvious reference to the Heysel Disaster

I was just making a joke about you saying itā€™s a nice top because I think itā€™s hideous mate :+1:

2 Likes

Hahaha sorry. 10mins after I posted that it dawned on me that you might have been joking

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/971448936832622592

:joy::joy::joy: Love that second last paragraph

7 Likes

Aww, what a guy.

Have to say, this Liverpool team is extremely likable with Klopp, Salah etc. these days.

6 Likes

ā€œlet me tell you now, that is brilliant from youā€

I love how so unlettery (shut up) this letter is. :laughing:

Haha he nails it though.

I always think itā€™s great when you see a "some first team Arsenal players went to visit the kids at * Islington School * and then itā€™s like, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles and Jenkinson. Itā€™s great and all, but itā€™s not quite as lifechanging like Bobby Pires turning up.

Liverpool fans are fuming at Canā€™s insinuation that Liverpool arenā€™t a big club

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/976411581868371968

Comments include:

hope you enjoy watching us and wondering what if I wasnt greedy and egotistical

His average, clumsy, performances far outweigh his rare superb ones.

China is the only place with enough head & ego space

Cheerio then emreā€¦ leave a club that is going placesā€¦

letting a broken tractor like yourself leave, will probably make flow much easier for KeĆÆta and Jorginho.

I massively dislike that melt.

:speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Itā€™s funny how fans of clubs that arenā€™t currently at the top love clinging on to this label.

1 Like

Liverpool is a difficult one.

Yeahā€¦

He could go to Tottenham.

TBF this is their version of Chamberlain thinking heā€™s too good for us. Where is he actually going to go and get more money? Back up at City, United or Bayern? If heā€™s on a free maybe weā€™ll be in for him.