Line-Up for Liverpool

Let’s just wait and see how Leicester’s season develops before we call them a top 4 challenger. Last season might have been a one-off.

I guess that’s why we bought Xhaka btw, To still strengthen the team, but according to his comments the right players to make us stronger are not out there…or are overvalued.

I think we will see this season why we should have gone after Klopp.

Haha uh oh lolpool gonna win the treble like they did last year aftet beating BVB in the preseason? You lot crack me up Arsenal is terrible and anything and anyone else is fucking amazing :joy:

1 Like

Front four aside, Liverpool still need another summer to get their squad where it should be to be a real threat imo, unless we really screw this season up which is absolutely possible.

Questionable back four (especially both fullback positions) and their central midfielders are dire.

2 Likes

Considering how Klopp set his team, is the midfield and the fullbacks what needs improving a soon as possible, his current option really limit his abilities to set an effective gegenpressing unit.

Right now his team press because of great stamina but is not the intelligent, well drilled pressing from his Dortmund team. They just press like headless chickens (bit like our own Alexis Sanchez).

1 Like

Nobody is saying that. But will they be a contender for top four? I think so.

Arsenal is terrible btw. Regardless of what we think of or what other teams do.

2 Likes

I think it will be a real tooth and nail scrap for 4th between Us, Liverpool & Spurs.

Apart the question on defense, who will play on midfield and on attack?

Elneny looks better than Xhaka at the moment.

I would like to see Momo and Coquelin on midfield, Walcott on the right, Cazorla playmaker and Iwobi on the left with Alexis on attack.

I like this team, except I would start Xhaka instead of ElNeny.

I like the front 3 of Iwobi, Alexis, Walcott, with Walcott and Alexis interchanging in forward positions. Something I wanted to see since we signed Alexis that just never has come to fruition mainly because of injuries and because Wenger hasn’t really had the strong hand to give it a chance, instead of reverting to the crutch that is Giroud.

Anyways, it will be infuriating when I look at the lineup only to see Ox and Ramsey in there.

Thankfully I will be back home by then and will be sure to be well hungover from the night before so that no fucks will be given.

1 Like

I guess by the time this game starts we’ll be happy with a draw, which considering that Liverpool shouldn’t (ideally) be anywhere near Arsenal this season is just boring and disappointing. Home games are there to be won, but yet again we’ll be happy with not losing.

1 Like

Yeah Id be taking a draw if offered also which shouldn’t be the way of thinking for a home game.

1 Like

Starting XI from

Cech

Hector Chambers Nacho Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka
Ozil
Ramsey Theo Alexis

That XI looks just good enough to lose 0-2 at home.

Looks about right, but I suspect it will be Elneny or Le Coq and Ramsey (Wenger gonna Wenger) and Xhaka will “be eased in” and Cazorla will also be eased in. I think AW will also want to be rewarded with his trust in the Soton failures Theo and Ox and we might see Ox, Theo, Alexis up top.

Back-line looks about right to me though.

Ozil isn’t playing against Liverpool.

1 Like

I love the idea that Xhaka needs to be eased in but Arsene can’t get his ass in gear to buy a defender until we lose two CBs. Poor Kos is probably wondering if he can hop on a sneaky August 30th flight to Barcelona.

So we get to watch Ramsey in the ten and Ox on the right. This is not good.

2 Likes

Xhaka doesn’t need to be eased in if he’s the best we have then play the motherfucker gfd it’s so frustrating with the fans sometimes. Is fucking Ibra gonna be eased in? These guys are pros, Xhaka was a captain, if he’s fit then play him.

Bring a guy that’s never been on the bench in his life on as a sub makes a ton of sense what the actual fuck?

I agree, but AW does tend to do this… Xhaka is perhaps the second best CM of our lot… imho Cazorla when fully fit is still #1 and the question then becomes who do you pair him with? And one concern is Xhaka isn’t as mobile as El Neny or Le Coq and having 2 immobile in the center seems perhaps problematic… the weird thing is, I really like Xhaka but in some ways he isn’t the right signing (I will be thrilled to be proved wrong) for this team… nor was El Neny honestly…

My hope is that Cazorla and Xhaka works and then when either need a break or are injured, we have El Neny and Le Coq, who are at least competent. Challenge is that Ramsey will probably be played there and then all hell breaks loose.

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka Ramsey
Theo Sanchez Iwobi

3 Likes

No chance to see Ozil start. Maybe only Koscielny.