Line-Up for Liverpool

Why are none of the tournament players available? Lack of fitness or post tournament rest?

Why can’t we play Sanchez for 60 mins in game #1 and rest him for game #2 and play Ozil? Sanchez’s tournament ended around the same time as Xhaka’s.

No way we’re doing anything against Liverpool with that wank attack. No Sanchez, Giroud and Ozil leaves us with the attack of about a 10th place team.

the latter paired with slight injuries it seems. It’s also probably for the best as we shouldn’t be risking any of the players to miss all season.

Having said that I think people should also keep in mind that Liverpool’s starting team isn’t going to be too great either and that if we want to rely on any of the guys playing they should be able to do a job, even under difficult circumstances.

1 Like

What a game to start the season off with, hopefully being at the start of the season Lolpool won’t be at their best and we get the win.

As for the line-up, unless there’s signings, posters above have pretty much covered the best choices.

COYFG!

I think Sanchez exclusion is down to that ankle injury he picked up.

1 Like

Oh yeah I remember the photo, makes sense :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lets remember also these lineups we are anticipating are not taking into account the likely injuries we will suffer in pre season games in the next 3 weeks.

1 Like

Wilshere, Chamberlain and Iwobi almost certainly start with those injuries. The toss up is Elneny or Coquelin. Asano might get a start if he isn’t playing Olympics. Who knows we might actually sign someone.

1 Like

Just had a gander at RAWK. No mention of this fixture at all on there. Doesn’t seem to be concerning them too much. Go figure, eh?

Maybe we should give this a try?

-------------------Cech--------------------
Bellerin—Gab----Calum—nacho
----------Xhaka------Cazorla---------
Oxlade------Wilshere------Walcott
------------------Sanogo----------------

1 Like

We should just play Giroud, we’ll have another striker in by the time the window closes anyway. If we don’t the season is a write off and fuck everything.

1 Like

Yep, plus Giroud can rest when he goes into his traditional “John Jensen” mode.

1 Like

Cazorla is probably be out I think mate

Can you provide a link? I searched this and all I found was an article from about a week ago saying he’s fine and will be playing against lolpool.

And btw fuck Giroud I want Sanogo to rip lolpool to shreds, easy hat trick for him.

Can someone enlighten me as to why Wenger thinks it is a good idea to spot any rivals points to start a season?

Hey, I guess that we can hope for a thrashing versus Liverpool with the Carling Cup lineup he’ll be trotting out there and then Leicester too, so he’ll be forced into some panic buys.

Why would Ozil and Sanchez sign a new contract with Arsenal? Given another summer of just keeping the cash in the bank, I’d move on to a club interested in competing for something other than 4th place.

1 Like

Wenger’s views on player rotation are wank. He’ll say that Ozil/Sanzhez are out and won’t play but then come game day there they will be on the bench. If we’re behind in the 70th minute he’ll throw them on in desperation.

Seems like Wenger is changing his mind on Asano going out on loan. Not a good sign.

6 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6 Likes

Front three against Liverpool could well be Chamberlain, Walcott and Iwobi.

God help us.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Standard Wenger…