Laurent Koscielny

Typical Arsenal fans :hipster:

2 Likes

We also signed Squillaci same window. Some ya win, some ya donā€™t.

The joke was he was meant to be the understudy :facepalm:

1 Like

Great servant to Arsenal. But made some costly, clumsy errors in his time.

Please tell me which defender hasnā€™t?

1 Like

You talk like he is worse than Squillaci :hipster:

Compared to Squillaci, Senderos, Sylvestre, Cygan, they make Kos look world class.
He is certainly the best CB since weā€™ve been at the Emirates.

1 Like

Itā€™s simple to analyse Kos is very good but not world class

1 Like

Itā€™s only simple if youā€™re simple yourself :kos2:

Heā€™s definitely world class.

4 Likes

He is one of the best CBs in the league though :kos2:

2 Likes

*in the world

1 Like

Meh itā€™s not an achievement as the PL isnā€™t what it used to be

I actually agree that Kos isnā€™t WC.

2 Likes

Only three years away from a testamonial, and heā€™s someone who has been a tremendous servant to the club during his time. Hardly dipped out of the team. Heā€™s always been there.

He saved our asses so many times over the years. Final day winning goals against West Brom and then Newcastle to secure further CL football. Equaliser in the cup final in 2014. Every player makes bad mistakes during their career, but thereā€™s no doubt his good moments far outweigh the negatives during his time at Arsenal :kos2:

9 Likes

I donā€™t agree.

Look how shit we are tactically, for the most part the team in particular the defence doesnā€™t have a Scooby-Doo, Kos essentially goes out there and plays his natural game time after time and heā€™s been this great.

He would have been even greater had he had a manager that knows how to organise a team as a cohesive unit front to back and doesnā€™t just leave them to their own devices.

Kos is undoubtedly world class, you donā€™t have to be a Bonucci or Chiellini to get in that bracket.

1 Like

No one says he is WC, but he is one of the best defenders in the league.

1 Like

If heā€™s the best defender in the league which is true IMO then heā€™s world class by default.

2 Likes

I would slightly counteract that as say defending the PL isnā€™t as good as it used to be. Itā€™s generally a bit of a free for all at the back these days. Great for the fans, but too many leaky defences these days.

Not to take anything away from Kos mind you.

I know only few world class defenders: Sergio Ramos and Bonucciā€¦ and if you think, not thanks their defensive abilities but thanks to the decisive goal scored and to be defensive playmakers.

If you were to say any a player from any other position was the best in the league then they would be most likely considered to be world class why is it different for defenders? You could say the league isnā€™t as good and someone else case say attackers are now better than the past, itā€™s a bit of a chicken and egg argument tbh.

Ramos is incredibly overrated, yes he scores a lot of goals but heā€™s a defender first and foremost.

If weā€™re talking about defensive ability Iā€™m taking Kos all day, Ramos is a calamity and gets away with murder in La Liga. He really isnā€™t a great defender.

4 Likes