Kylian Mbappe

I think he’d get minutes tbh. He’s got the talent and seemingly got the composure to be a success wherever he goes.

But Real Madrid is a circus first and foremost, it’s really not a good environment for a player to learn his trade. The pressure is immense and the fans are not forgiving.

2 Likes

Nonsense my friend. He’ll be a first team regular with very little pressure on his shoulders. He’ll be protected by Wenger and guided well. Not to mention he will be learning his trade in the toughest and most watched league in the world. If he makes it here, everywhere else will be a breeze.

10 Likes

I don’t know if he would have very little pressure here. He would be the star here with the brighest spotlight and probably would been seen as the saviour. At Real Madrid he can acclimatize under the wings of Ronaldo and under stars. I think Mbappe has proven enough already that he can skip that step anyway.

The look on your faces when we chase Mbappe all summer and end up with another Perez.

1 Like

I think @Castiel is aware of our chances of signing him…

1 Like

Encouraging comments, let’s hope the allure of Wenger pays off.

Yes I’m aware he’s aware…

Scenes when “Mbappes family” turns out to be his third cousin who has never actually met the lad.

7 Likes

It being in Le Parisien makes me think it’s exactly that kind of relative.

Im invested dont burst my bubble he is ours

5 Likes

Look at Martin Ødegaard from Norway.

16 years old, basically the next Messi, everyone was going totally crazy for him, Real Madrid pull out all the stops for him and get him.

2 years later, no-one has heard anything about him and he’s still hanging out down in Castilla or on loan in Heerenveen.

I’m not being biased, but it would make so much more sense for Mbappe to come to Arsenal for 2-3 years and then go to Real Madrid when he’s much more settled and proven.

We’ll start him and he’ll get every chance to play 90 minutes 55 times in a season knowing Wenger hahaha

6 Likes

The thing is it’s what he and his family are led to believe. It’s down to what Wenger and his contacts around Monaco can convince the boy and his family of. If Wenger pulls it off it’s our biggest coup since Henry, except actually bigger because Henry wasn’t as well established at the time.

He’d get minutes at Real but won’t be the main man. If his form drops for 3 games straight he’d get dropped. Everyone at Real are built around doing the pressing and creating for CR7. He’d likely be shifted to a lesser role on the wing as he has no experience of being the hold up CF to bring others into play ala Benzema. At Arsenal there’d be patience and he’d be the main man and he’d be bound to shine as such.

The only time I remember us beating Real Madrid to a player was Pires, but again he wasn’t as established at the time.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s another important thing to remember. Even CR7 has been booed by the Real fans so that should be a strong enough indicator of how fickle their fans are. For a young forward, a run of bad games and the fans turning on you can have lasting damage to your confidence.

I think moving to most clubs not named Real at this stage suits Mbappe.

2 Likes

The other thing is, are Real going to give Mbappe a huge contract when they already have huge contracts and expect younger players to accept less? We might actually beat them on wages.

He’s probably good enough to actually succeed at Real though but Wenger and friends in his ear “I remember when I had Nicholas Anelka, we won the title, he scored 19 goals, he left for Real Madrid and was shipped out the next year, we got Thierry Henry who was shipped out at Juventus. These teams they don’t care about young players, we make them stars”

2 Likes

An actual youth player is different from a young player who has established himself on the highest level already. Which Mbappe pretty much has done. Real Madrid has also given the opportunity to young players, sometimes with the help of a loan to get experience, like Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro and now Asensio.

1 Like

Another big thing is is they are always looking for Galacticos. If he is going to break their transfer record they will expect him (because the fans are extemely fickle) to be performing better than their top players, not just performing. So if he goes there he could be doing very well BUT this will not be good enough it will be like ‘we paid £120m for him but he is only half of CR7 pedigree boooooooooooooooooooooooo’ Remember the shit that Bale went through (still is going through it with some fans) when he first moved there because of his price some fans wanted more from him and other fans didnt even like him because they thought ‘he is taking over from Ronaldo our god booooooo’

Imagine all of that on an 18 year old ‘he fucking sucks he only scores 1 goal every 2 games and we bought ronaldo and bale for far less’ or ‘this guy cant be the successor to ronaldo he is not fit to lace his boots’

As regards his inexperience also they will not allow any mistakes because of the fee (we are used to mistakes from our youngsters) imagine what the fans would be like say if he takes a shot on goal instead of passing to their god ronaldo and a quick counter and a goal from the pot shot from mbappe ‘aaaahhhhhhhh you fucking wanker you cost us a goal, fucking scum’ Bale got worse than this to begin with. Just dont think it is a good idea for him to go to a place where he will be compared so easily to Ronaldo.

Ronaldo rules that bitch club, all that needs to happen is Ronaldo doesnt get along with him and you watch what will happen to him, its the same with that Cunt Messi, if he has a fall out with anyone it doesnt matter who they are or how good they are they have to protect their stars and will not have anyone upsetting the apple cart.

3 Likes

Zidane: ‘I’ve won three Champions League’s, son. Would you like a taste of that?’

Yes its easy for him to say that though in a 2 team league though isnt it. With all the money that RM have and how they destablise clubs and steal talent and basically one of the most crooked clubs in the world its not difficult for them to have accolades is it.

1 Like

“Nah I fancy a run in the Europa, with big Wenger and the lads. Cheers for the offer though mate”

12 Likes