Kylian Mbappe

That is just ridiculous TBH, as much as he was brilliant this season what happens if he does not repeat the form. It is a huge amount of money that!

1 Like

that is just crazy money

1 Like

Why the hell did they reject it!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s crazy. Maybe they already have an agreement with us :santi2:

Imagine if his season was just a one off and he only scores 5 times next season.

I remember AOC’s first season with us when he was 18 and he was incredible, sticking it to United and Ac Milan and everyone else and then we didn’t see that player for another 5-6 years.

I’d fucking laugh at that.

1 Like

Having potentially the next Theirry Henry is worth more than money.

Either that or the player is in agreement with the club that it’s best he stay put during these early years of his career.

1 Like

That’s almost certainly what it is. If he has another similar season they’ll flog him for even more than £100m

If I were Monaco I’d take the money. It’s not “just” something like £50m here, and if he has an average season next time round you’ll still get £25-30m. This is a world record fee because the kids stock basically couldn’t be much higher. Maybe transfer fees will continue to grow and grow, but I’m not entirely sure that if he has another season like this one you’re suddenly going to be receiving way more than what teams are offering now.

1 Like

They could very well be holding out for more if Flo’s really determined to bring him in.

1 Like

Monaco don’t really need the money do they?

We might have been able to persuade him to come here a couple of seasons ago but he is now well out of our reach.
We aren’t going to pay anything over 60m for one player, and we are never going to tempt him when Europe’s elite clubs are also interested,
For Mbappe, he is clearly ambitious and he wants to play with a team full of top quality players and a manager going places, who also matches his ambition.

We don’t have any of these things, so Mbappe is way out of our reach.

I feel like we’ve heard this kind of thing before.

1 Like

You are so negative it’s nauseating at times.

7 Likes

We’re still waiting though, aren’t we?

Come back to me when we sign a world class striker.

Not for some of the claims. “Wenger will never spend over 20m”, “Wenger will never win another trophy”, fairly sure I remember “Wenger will never spend 30m plus on a CM/DM” in the run up to Xhaka.

My point being that football is an ever changing climate, making absolute statements is often a fool’s errand.

5 Likes

Who has though recently? Manu may have Ibra but he aint coming here you know that no matter how much we offer him because he just doesnt like our manager and to be honest he is a total cock i reckon he would piss the rest of our squad off also. He also is a the wrong end of his career if we did sign him people would complain that we need fresh legs not an aging hasbeen.

Suarez, to Barca…no one could have signed him (yes i know the shit bid but should have been bought because liverpool basically broke contract law) and he had his heart set on barca yet again you think he would have given that up for us knowing he was wanted by them.

Kane, people only think he is world class right now…no one even tottenscum knew how he would turn out.

Fact of the matter is there are not very many WC strikers out there and when they do come around its always big clubs like RM, Barca etc other than that most times they dont wanna move. Please do not include Lacazette etc as WC because they are not!

1 Like

City on a madness this summer

Pep is a checkbook manager in all it seems, all he does is fucking spend!

2 Likes

They already have Jesus. They need to fuck off.

Come here instead lol

5 Likes

Fuck just imagine if we got him last Summer.