Joel Campbell

So unfair.
What else is this guy supposed to do for Wenger to rate him?

I’m not best pleased really. I think he adds definite value to the squad, but last year he chipped in with a few goals and some more assists, as well as being very hardworking and tactically disciplined. These are things very few of our wide options offer us.

But Wenger has clearly never rated him and dropped him like hot potato once Oxford got fit again (bullshit move), so that being the case I wish he would at least sell him permanently. It would be best for he player to let him get his career properly started, and better for us to get the money.

I can’t help but feel if Joel Campbell was British he’d get more of a chance here. He is clearly a much more all round footballer than Theo Walcott and Chamberlain.

Maybe it’s a Home Grown thing.

2 Likes

Theo, fucking Theo with his big ass salary is in the squad; but a guy who costs us nothing & performs ten times more than Theo is out the club.

Can’t understand Wenger with this one.
Especially when right wing is an issue for us.
Unless he can bring in someone established, this Move will be something we might reflect back.

That said, probably Wenger might get one of Iwobi, Ox or Gnabry perform better than what Joel did last season.
But I doubt it.

Like others have said I don’t really see the point in loaning him, if he’s leaving the club it needs to be on a permanent basis instead of keeping Campbells career in limbo, Wenger should of cashed in on him after his performances at the World Cup.

2 Likes

:worried: fuck off Wenger

Good luck Joel

Good luck Joel.

1 Like

Confirmed. He certainly wasn’t an Arsenal player, not with his smart decision making and hard work defensively.

Also the fact that he didn’t look like a headless chicken. We don’t need your smart types at this club, so, again…

‘GETOUTWHILEYOUCANJOEEEELLLL’

2 Likes

Disappointing to see, but I understand Joel wanting to play elsewhere. When Theo is being picked ahead of you, it’s got to fuck with your head.

1 Like

[quote=“Trion, post:44, topic:101, full:true”]
Theo, fucking Theo with his big ass salary is in the squad; but a guy who costs us nothing & performs ten times more than Theo is out the club.

Can’t understand Wenger with this one.
Especially when right wing is an issue for us.
Unless he can bring in someone established, this Move will be something we might reflect back.

That said, probably Wenger might get one of Iwobi, Ox or Gnabry perform better than what Joel did last season.
But I doubt it.
[/quote]I agree.
Campbell has a great attitude, gives everything and is a flair player, everything that Walcott isn’t.

As for Iwobi, Chamberlain and Gnabry, they are also players with potential but how many potentially good players do we need?

Surely it must be better for the club to have a true world class winger and a couple of younger players, than several of the same ability.
I can only think that of all of those players, Wenger rates Campbell the least.

I don’t see the point in having Walcott, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Campbell, and Gnabry, we could sell Walcott and one of the others, and buy a proper winger.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

we have to be signing a winger or a striker after this…SURELY, surely we can’t be getting rid of one of our best wingers (even if he isn’t top top class he is certainly better than Walcott) only other thing i can think of is making way for Gnabry?

1 Like

Wenger is trolling the fans after yesterdays abuse, he’s trying to send them further into disillusionment :joy: :joy:

Reine-Adelaide isn’t promoted for no reason.

Iwobi, Ramsey/Wilshere, Sanchez, Walcott, Chamberlain, Reine-Adelaide. That’s 6 wingers right there.

Wenger doesn’t rate him. That’s so clear by now. It’s just a shame because Joel is a good hard-working player.

Very disappointing, but ultimately not a surprise, given the way Wenger often seemed relucant to use him 2nd half of last season.

3 Likes

For first time, I believe Wenger has been extremely unfair on a player.
The guy has performed when played.
If you didn’t rate him, don’t fuck with his career & let him make a permanent move elsewhere.

10 Likes

Absolutely furious as this, right now Joel should be in the side…

Wenger with yet another cock up, refuses to sign reinforcements and gives away our stronger players.

1 Like

Odd move considering Theo and Ox have proven zip, zilch, nothing other than they are idiots on the pitch. Ox I’d understand having a little patience with - Theo, no. And Gnabry? FFS maybe he will be the next Arsenal superstar, but he hasn’t done sh*t for us yet - can’t imagine AW is pinning his hopes on the lad (although honestly, I’d rather see Gnabry on the field right now than Theo).

Don’t really see Campbell as our savior in attack, but he is surely our 4th most useful attacking player after Giroud, Sanchez, and Welbeck (and Welbz is out for a long time). Obviously I am not including Ozil in that, just the striker and two wide positions.

AW will persist with Theo and Ox b/c he has boxed himself into that situation now. His only hope is that somehow one or both of them explode onto the scene and prove him right. Sad fact is, what other chance does he have if he can’t maneuver the market?