January Transfer window thread

Look at this Lookman :santi2:

Their seriously not.

Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea, three of the bottom four when it comes to the number of accurate rumours written about them, are three of the five most-featured clubs.

Arsenal and Everton make sense, we get linked to everybody but deep down are clubs are stingey as fuck so none of it ever materializes.

There was a time when we got linked to the same players QPR and Newcastle did, just because they were French. We’re just easy targets to create some interest for players no one would care about otherwise.

Payet in makes a lot of sense. Won’t happen.

I still wish we had gotten Cabaye back then. Handsome devel.

Payet is 29 and will probably be very expensive. A signing like that can make sense, if you have complete faith in the manager, and if you think that it’s the final piece required to win a title. It’s just a short-term solution and not something I’d want to see with Wenger as manager. Lots of money spent on a player, still no title and then you’re going to need to replace him anyway whenever the next manager comes in. No thanks.

Besides, I don’t think there’s a lack of quality out there. Shouldn’t be too difficult to upgrade on Iwobi, even if I think he’s probably being underrated at the moment. Walcott’s doing fine and it’s hardly a disaster to have him as a starter.

Central midfield is a bigger problem.

Hmm, probably not the right thread this one. But the wide options are being discussed in so many threads at the moment and I honestly no longer even know what the appropriate thread is. Don’t we have a thread about the quality of the squad/what we need to upgrade?

1 Like

Messi is 29. Not really sure age alone is a reasonable indicator of how useful a player could be.

2 Likes

Cornering midfield I’d like to see us take a punt on Dahoud contract up in 2018 and Gladbach aren’t ones to stand in the way.

He definitely won’t be there come summer and he’s Santi-esque to a tee.

Would be excellent value.

2 Likes

Leicester are ready to sign Ndidi and Acerbi (very good defender).

1 Like

Short but sweet answer. I don’t see us buying or selling anyone in January tbh

1 Like

Atlanta? Do me a favour.

Atalanta

2 Likes

Atalanta? Do me a favour.

Having a very good season. Gagliardini, Kessie and Caldara will all play for big clubs soon. Caldara is already going to Juventus in a year or two. Gargliardini is a very good young player. Kessie is wanted by some of Europe’s top clubs.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Atalanta? If a player is doing the business and/or has massive potential then does it matter where they come from? Every player has to start somewhere.

I can almost guarantee his signing is more of an exercise in marketing than anything else.

Edit: plus id rather we stear clear from anyone African. Their cup is so needlessly disruptive.

Marketing lol?

You don’t watch any Italian football do you?

Not really no. Hence why usually i defer to you tbh.