January Transfer window thread

Was this bid supposedly in the summer or just now?

Cunts for rejecting that much money.

Probably not even true anyway.

1 Like

Sounds like heā€™s merely confirming that there was an offer. Highly doubt it is as high as rumored though.

1 Like

In my opinion this is a bullshitā€¦ impossible to see ArsĆØne to break the bank and the record, signing a normal (but very talented at the moment) player.

Nathan Ake just got recalled effective immediate from Bournemouth.

Apparently heā€™s supposed to be cover for Alonso. Not sure how that works, if we canā€™t recall Wilshere.

We obviously didnā€™t include a recall clause in the contract, and they did.

Though when Wenger was asked why we didnā€™t include one, he gave the bizarre answer of: ā€œitā€™s season-long loans in the Premier League."

Itā€™s against the rules to include recall clauses in season long loans. Chelsea have managed to get around that some how, maybe by making it a short-term loan with an option to extend which theyā€™ve not allowed Bournemouth to use.

1 Like

Why doesnā€™t everyone do that then?!

Rules might be different for U23 players

From what Iā€™m reading, it seems you can actually recall a player during the January transfer window if you include the clause.

1 Like

I saw someone posit that we got a fee for the Wilshere loan, whereas Chelsea didnā€™t for Ake. If you pay money for a loan signing youā€™ll need assurance that the player wonā€™t be recalled.

5 Likes

I think both of you are right. I canā€™t remember the rule exactly but I just remember there was a reason we couldnā€™t use Gnabry when his WBA loan was cut short.

That makes sense

Looks like heā€™s off to City

Or maybe itā€™s just 2 long term loans in a row, making it a full season loan

Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date
prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date
between 1st and 31st January (the January transfer window) to the end of the
Playing Season

Iā€™d imagine with Wilshere we never planned on bringing him back anyway this season and so didnā€™t keep that option open. That gives Bournemouth more reason to play him and make him a more important part of their side, resulting in the play time he gets.

1 Like

Bournemouth want John Terry on loan. Jack and John both playing for Bournemouth. Imagine :arteta:

1 Like

Why didnā€™t Badstuber go to City as rumoured? Heā€™s pretty good, isnā€™t he?

Here we go again. Queue the twitter lies passed off as a ā€œrumourā€ and the inevitable backlash from AFC fans when we donā€™t sign them. Watching people get led down the primrose path has devolved from mildly amusing to slightly depressing.

1 Like

He wants playing time and yea, heā€™s pretty good.