Jack Wilshere

Didn’t Arsene say they want to extend his contract in December?

Cristo , Those who live there and are my age or older still put Hampshire on their letters , they got annexed by Dorset due to boundary changes in the 70’s !
I love the place my mum lives 5 mins drive from the ground .
As for Jack he needs to play football ,more importantly needs to change his style and stop lunging in on lost causes and getting injured ! I only wanted him ot be loaned until xmas as our injury list is normally off the chart come february but its done now !

1 Like

So Bournemouth win 6-1 and Wilshere is totally incidental to it, might as well not have been on the pitch for all the difference he made.

He needs to start making an impact soon or a long career of mediocrity may lie ahead, not I suspect, that it will remain Arsenal’s problem.

1 Like

Was watching the small highlight package and he seemed to be removed totally from the game. Everything going on ahead of him.

But, This is what Howe said (obviously he’s not gonna turn around and say he was shit.)

Wilshere played 79 minutes of the game on the south coast, pulling
the strings in midfield without having a striking impact in the final
third. But Howe believes that the Arsenal loanee’s role in the side
played a big part in the result.

“He’s improving all the time for me, Jack [Wilshere],” the Bournemouth boss said. “He had a big bearing
on the game today, although maybe not evident initially on the eye, but he’s behind a lot of our good football and yeah he’s improving all the time.”

Put this cunt in my fantasy team, he plays #10, his team wins 6-1, 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 points.

Still, we know how good he is and there’s no doubt he’s good enough for Bournemouth. He’ll come good, for Bournemouth at least.

1 Like

His quality is undeniable, his consistency through fitness is the concern. I would be more than happy with a fully fit season and absolutely fuck all output.

Keep it up Jack, we are ready and waiting for your return home.

I saw some Bournemouth fans who were massively bigging him up and waxing lyrical about him today. They seem to have no doubt he’ll come good in the next few games.

Im starting to get concerned we will never see him play for Arsenal again.

Didn’t Arsène say he was getting his burst back? Maybe Wanyama was just that sprightly but Jack looked to be lacking that famous “burst” and didn’t seem to quick today.

Anyways, impressed by Bournemouth today, maybe Eddie Howe isn’t just all hype after all.

1 Like

Played 90 mins today vs Spurs. First time in ages.

March 2014 I read somewhere.

Thats what i said, September 2014. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting Interview

‘I haven’t really thought about my future beyond getting a season under my belt and just trying to improve as a player,’ he says. To be honest your question is a hard question to answer because I don’t know what to say. I genuinely don’t know if I am going to end up at Arsenal or somewhere else.

If you’d ask me two months ago if I was going to finish my career at Arsenal then I would have said, “Yeah, of course”. The fans have been great to me, the boss has been great to me. I have a lot of friends there. But sometimes that’s the way football is. Two months ago I wouldn’t have seen myself being here, but here I am. And I’m enjoying it.’

1 Like

If I had to make a call either way, I’d say that Jack’s Arsenal career is over sadly.

3 Likes

Fuck me, just kick on and show you’re capable of playing a fucking season before getting all deep and philosophical.

3 Likes

Would say 90% his career here is over. The 10% rests on having an injury free 30+ game season that’s markedly better than Xhaka’s. I’m just seeing most of the Jack Wilshere hype as nostalgia. No-one’s yet persuaded me otherwise. His stats aren’t great, his injury record isn’t great and the one lifeline he has left is a prolonged spell of imperious form at Bournemouth. Otherwise, not interested.

2 Likes

This is his last chance saloon for me. if he can stay injury free this season and actually play well for Bournemouth, then I can certainly see Wenger bringing him back into the squad.

The main thing for him now is just not to contemplate too much on his future, but instead knuckle down and make the most of this loan for his own sake.

It’s unfortunate what’s happened with Jack. Especially considering that the position Jack is best at is our weakest in terms of depth. If Santi goes down we have nobody even close to his level. Jack could and probably should be there but I guess that’s life.

4 Likes

Could probably still get 20m for him anyway even if he doesn’t have a good season with a Bournemouth. But it’s time to move on now. It hasn’t worked out and I can’t see it working out.