Jack Wilshere

I am so glad he moved and I am glad Wenger has said this year isn’t about Wilshere showing he is good enough for Arsenal. Wilshere IS good enough for Arsenal and will likely be the heir to Cazorla’s throne.

This year is simply fitness and consistent game time. Much like Diaby, I am as much a fan of the player as I am anything else, and I cannot bare to see his talent go to waste on a bench or in a medical room.

Let’s hope it goes well.

Just a few nice words to brighten the somewhat awkward situation of loaning someone of Wilshere’s stature at Arsenal. Quell a few reactionary journos is all in this case I think.

Definitely a move posited by Jack and Wenger coming to terms that, fitness wise, it might work out. Who knows truly what his future holds here however I’d love to see Wilshire play a good chunk of the season with Bournemouth and see him flourish to the near heights he could have achieved.

Was speaking to a mate from work, Spurs fan, and he absolutely hates him for his open torments towards them/talking bollocks about them. I love having a villain against that lot, opens up the rivalry so much more. So here’s to doing the double over them this season and to Jack sticking it in their own net this season in his fixtures against them too!

1 Like

Few pics of Jack today

1 Like

So weird to see him with another shirt.

1 Like

Not weird, Just darn right fucking wrong.

1 Like

Did he do well today?

https://www.twitter.com/11tegen11/status/777210786557136896

So apparently he played?

Yup he played. To bad none of his teammates really showed up. Hardly the easiest of games though and Wilshere is best when playing a possession game. Not something Bournemouth would get away with when facing City!

He had a shit game today if you go on the basic stats. Fewest outfield touches of the ball bar Jordon Ibe, and he got hooked.

Most teams are gonna get BEAT bad at Man City this season tho, not much to say here. The salient point is that Bournemouth got 68 uninjured minutes out of Wilshere today, after only 27 last time out.

1 Like

Anyone watch the Bournemouth match?

He had a good game dominating the midfield and was a key reason as to how Bournemouth brought Everton back down to earth, he’s getting better and better with each passing game. This loan could turn out to be the best thing that’s happened to him for years.

Edging closer and closer to playing a full 90 too, played 76 minutes against Everton, can’t be mad at all.

2 Likes

@Burgundy didn’t you say the twitter world was not too impressed?

Oh look he’s gone on loan to get games. Who would have thought. :rosicky:

https://vimeo.com/184363459

Looks pretty decent here, still missing a little bit of his old quickness but hopefully that comes back with more games.

NO, NO. THIS IS THE WORST DECISION IN FOOTBALL HISTORY. IT SICKENS ME HE WENT TO BOURNEMOUTH.

WHY WOULD HE GO TO A TEAM WHERE HE WILL CONSISTENTLY GET MINUTES, PLAYING AGAINST THE EXACT OPPOSITION THAT WE PLAY AGAINST, AND GETTING UP TO SPEED WITH THE PHYSICALITY OF THE LEAGUE?!? NO, IT’S MADNESS.

HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO ROMA, SO HE COULD BE A 5TH CHOICE LUXURY SUBSTITUTE AT A CLUB KNOWN TO BE EVEN WORSE AT BOTTLING THAN ARSENAL AND SPURS, BATTLING TO GET THE OCCASIONAL COPPA ITALIA GAME. THAT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE, YES DEFINITELY. I MEAN IMAGINE HOW MUCH HE’D LEARN FROM RIDING THE BENCH AT ROMA AND WATCHING TOTTI COME ON AND SCORE A PENALTY AND BREATHING THE SAME LOCKER ROOM AIR AS SPALETTI!?

10 Likes

In his first season, Wilshere would run onto defenders as well but he also used to run into vacant spaces with his unusual dribbling, driving the team forward.(I can’t explain it properly) But now he seems to be only involved in messy situation.

I hope he can find his body back. If Xhaka is going to be our DLP eventually, Wilshere needs to be our B2B.

“I have played with some top midfielders but it says a lot about a player when you are not at a big club like Arsenal and you are putting in performances like that.

If he wants to, I’m sure he could go onto bigger clubs. But I’m sure he is enjoying his time at Bournemouth – the fans love him, the manager loves him and he’s got everyone’s respect at the club.

He is going to be important for us if we want to climb up the table.

You see with a player like Ross Barkley, Harry didn’t give him a second. He didn’t let him turn, he didn’t let him do his stuff and I’m sure if you ask Ross he will say they are the worst type of players to play against. You hate them.

You turn and he is there. You think you have beaten him and he comes back at you, so it is horrible to play against.”

https://twitter.com/RWABriggs/status/780324780646031360

Everton fan at the game

1 Like

Hope he bags a couple of goals while he’s at Bournemouth. Always nice to see him on the scoresheet!

Enjoying playing with bornmouth on PES

1 Like

What are they called on PES? South Coast Red & Blacks?