Jack Wilshere

Haha we should be getting MOTD back. The first few weeks on the networks that paid $1billion for rights to the Premier League(NBC) no MOTD was shown since they were showing more of the Olympics.

Gary Lineker and Neil Ashton even makes an occasional appearance on MOTD from the UK to offer their insights and opinion

1 Like

FWIW - on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, James Horncastle said that what he was hearing out of Italy was that Arsenal put a block on the move to Roma not because of any residual ill will over a potential Manolas transfer, but because they thought if he went there, he would have been treated as a luxury sub - behind the midfielders Roma already owns in Naingollan, De Rossi, Strootman, and Paredes - and that they didn’t want to loan him out somewhere where he wasn’t even going to get guaranteed 1st team football.

Sooooooooooooooooo, I hate to say I told you so :wink::wink:

5 Likes

I think Wilshere would have flopped in Italy personally. The game out there doesn’t suit him but he would have learnt a lot from the coaches and players.

1 Like

3 Likes

Can’t say I’ve watched a lot of Bournemouth but it’s the right move for him, Italian league is too physical for injure prone players

1 Like

Anyone know how he got on?

He lost to AC Milan, 2-1.

Get in the bin Jack, you’re finished.

1 Like

Yeah i’ll go to a few games this season hopefully :+1:

Read he played quite well.

From what i have read and heard he played well. Only played 45 mins but looked sharp

Bournemouth are “managing his training time on the pitch” and he’s not injured yet.

Bournemouth vs West Brom is almost as interesting as our game now.

1 Like

My mate that I used to play football with in sixth form (Bernardo Espinosa) just signed as a CB for Boro and was on their bench against WBA AND they’ve got Chambers AND Fischer.

Bendtner at Forest. Wilshere at Bournemouth. Hoejbjerg at Southampton.

Fuck, so many teams I have to follow now.

Who

Was this the guy that resulted in the creation that quite frankly AMAZING Wolverine/Cristo photoshop image from @TheSpecialCnut in the La Liga thread last season? Man I’d love to see that again.

Edit: Found it in the old La Liga museum link, the image link still works! (Go to 24/8/15 posts if you can’t be arsed to spend ages trying to find it.)

http://museum.onlinearsenal.com/museum/www.onlinearsenal.com/archive/index.php/t-1749-p-7.html

:arteta:

4 Likes

Racist

I know Wenger likes to motivate his players publicly, but with these comments he may be going a bit overboard. At least right now there’s very little that would support these statements.

4 Likes

Well i’ll put a lot of stock into what you say because i’m sure you know Wilshere and Wenger very personally and are privy to their conversations about football.

“It was a remarkable statement that begged the question ‘if he was that good, why Wilshere has been allowed to leave for a year?’”

Only if you’re a moron John. Only if you’re a moron.

1 Like