Jack Wilshere

Honestly I think Jack is playing with a for sale sign around his neck this year. That’s why we loaned him to Bournemouth…he’s the cute puppy in the shop window. Good fodder for a team coming up like Newcastle or Villa maybe that will need to make a big splash on the come up next season.

1 Like

Gnabry has already had a successful run in our first team. It’s different than Iwobi.

The West Brom loan was last season. I’m a bit confused what you’re talking about.

Again, neither is Ramsey. And in football you can’t always wait until something is made crystal clear. Sometimes you have to anticipate a bit what’s going to happen and take some minor risks, and Wilshere being better than Ramsey would go in that category. Anyways, with Walcott, Alexis, Iwobi, Gnabry, Wilshere, maybe Campbell (maybe he stays if Ox and Ramsey are sold and he sees more chances to play), you have options if/when he gets injured. I really can’t see the argument for not selling Ox and Ramsey. Especially Ramsey because he is what he is at this point, and his value isn’t going to get higher than it did after the Euros. Ox at least there’s a small, small chance he comes good at some point, despite the fact you’d much much rather have Gnabry who is a better player at a younger age (like Iwobi).

@Robin_L you’ve been gone a while. But certainly I found fault with Wenger when you were around too, just not as much as you.

Ah, well Meet The Parents came out in exactly 2000, so I was being clever there. And not heard of Stardust quick Google Ok, a bit of a fantasy romp.

I’m taking about utter drivel like this:-

this:-

not forgetting this:-

and of course, propping up the rest at the bottom of the barrel, it’s this:-

Robert De Niro has become an embarrassment sad to say, you’d forgive the guy one or two light comedy roles but my god he’s tarnished his reputation. Used to be my favourite actor in the 90s, but he’s been at it for 15 years now.

What is it with aging actors and ruining their reputations. He’s by no means not the only one, he is the worst offender though. How many shit comedies has Al Pacino done btw?

3 Likes

Oof.

That awkward moment when I really enjoyed all of those films, especially Last Vegas. Have you watched all of them? They’re really not that bad. :sweat::sweat:

1 Like

Oh gawd, really? :grin: Ah yes, hmm, well…

Jack Wilshere, decent player, good left peg, do well at Bournemouth you reckon? :flushed:

1 Like

Imagine the reaction if after that game against Barca someone said wilshere is shit I bet he gets loaned out to Bournemouth at 25.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNATMQUEZEQ

1 Like

This defiently feels like the beginning of the end for his career at Arsenal. I understand loans for young players, but it cant be beneficial for a player that’s nearly 25

Awww.

They both went shit during the 80’s along with American cinema in general :wink:

1 Like

I’m guessing he ran it past Allardyce first, but even if he’s good, if Bournemouth have a bad season, what use is being good in a team that finishes 16th/17th/18th for his England chances?

Maybe Allardyce is an exception but international coaches 9 times out of 10 pick players at bigger clubs playing in bigger games. Chamberlain, Welbeck, Hart, Chambers wouldn’t have so many caps if they we’re playing for relegation fodder every week rather than big clubs.

I’m a massive Jack fan, and I’ve even said on here that I reckon a fit Jack for the season and we could well win the league, but this!!!
This just isn’t right, I don’t think that we will see Jack in an Arsenal shirt again, and I think that’s a real shame…
Good luck to him at Bournemouth, I hope it works out for him, but for Arsenal, this is NOT a good move!!!

3 Likes

Even if Jack had a decent season with us, I only see him ending up on bench for England.
Allardyce & small technical midfielder just doesn’t fit.

It’ll be hard for him to get a look in once Kevin Nolan is running England’s midfield.

7 Likes

Cant imagine Wilshere playing for another team, he is Arsenal through and through. Good luck to him hope he comes back stronger than ever.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Gooner1886! Cracking avatar :ramsey:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ah the ever painful miss by Bendtner. His most retarded moment in an Arsenal shirt.

Bendtner on 52k a week at the time…good business that.