Jack Wilshere

That is one disgusting picture. :santi:

1 Like

I really hope he comes back :confused:

3 Likes

The year is 2011, and Jack meets a psychic.

Wilshere: Tell me my future, it’s bound to be super successful after the way this season went for me. Titles, PFA awards, maybe even a Ballon’dor?
Psychic: Your future looks bleak, Jack, Your time at Arsenal is going to be plagued with injuries. You’ll be spending more time playing FIFA, than actual Football. Wenger uses you as a right winger. Going to drop down the pecking order. Then in 2016, you leave the club to join AFC Bournemouth on loan.
Wilshere: Bournemouth?!
Psychic: * Nods *
Wilshere: Nah nah nah. * Waggles finger * You’re telling me, Jack Wilshere, who just had a banging season at Arsenal, winning PFA young player of the year, telling Tottenham they’re shit, that I’m going to play for some pokey old coastal club who aren’t even in the Premier League?

8 Likes

You guys are nuts lol

You’re all operating under the assumption that Roma were instantly going to put Wilshere in the first team and that he’d stay there for the rest of the season. They have four other very talented midfielders, particularly Paredes who they would 100% be more invested in developing and growing since he’s one of their own and staying for the long term rather than buggering off back home. Wilshere would have been nothing more than a luxury depth player who’d probably only get cup games and the occasional league game when fatigue hit Strootman or Paredes.

At Bournemouth he’s going to be the main man, one of the first names on the squad sheet with the team likely being set up to get the most out of him. He’ll be playing in the league we want to play him in while still getting consistent minutes and experience and proving he can physically handle it.

This isn’t a fall from grace, this is a very clever move to get his career back on track and will hopefully pay off for us in the future.

6 Likes
1 Like

Good luck Jackino :confused:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrNwyVrWYAAmsLT.jpg

:joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

13 Likes

Hopefully this loan will be the “new” start to his Arsenal career

Loaning out a 25 year old is a very odd decision IMO, maybe we are hoping he has a top season and we cash in on him in the Summer ? Because lets be real if he does stay fit this season the chances of him doing it 2 years in a row are next to none.

3 Likes

Just got a bad feeling this is the beginning of the end but Arsenal are kinda trying to rip the band-aid off slowly so to speak, slowly putting him out to pasture. Maybe the board are getting tough with players that don’t play and are constantly injured, to be fair Wilshere for all his talent is a waste of a wage he is on 100k a week is out injured constantly when he plays he is not up to speed and just as he is getting there he is injured again.

Coyle and Howe, two definite Wengerite coaches. He’ll learn absolutely nothing but he’ll “express himself”.

1 Like

Absolute scenes when he plays a full season for Bournemouth but sustains a nine month lay off as soon as he returns to Arsenal.

16 Likes

Absolute certainty this is.

:joy: Ramsey higher on the technique scale than Jack. Nice joke.

Ridiculous move this. Should’ve sold Ramsey after the Euros, Ox before, and kept Wilshere and Gnabry.

Can’t wait til Arsène leaves tbh. He’s not even good at rating players anymore. Something that, for all his faults, I used to take pretty for granted with him.

4 Likes

Is it me, or does the girl behind Wilshere look like Lucas Perez?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/770629411431415809/Jelil7v8_400x400.jpg

13 Likes

she kind of looks like him, I can see where you’re coming from

tbf both Gnabry and Jack wanted the move. If you really want to argue that we should have kept a player who was one year from going on for free or a player who may or may not survive 5 games in a row you’re simply putting emotions above rational thoughts. Not that I rate our current options really that high, but neither Jack or Gnabry would have made a lot of difference to the team this year or the future.

3 Likes

She does, but that doesn’t mean i wouldn’t put it in her butt…or Perez for that matter, he’s mighty tasty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t know on what basis you can say “or the future” there. Both are extremely talented players who absolutely can help us in the future, and, for me, in the now. Jack needs tactical instruction that he’s not going to get here, indeed, but is not going to get much better with Eddie Howe in Bournemouth. Would’ve sooner kept him and played him at false RW to see if it covered up some of his flaws like it does for Ramsey, and had him as a back-up for Mesut where he is actually an option (where Ramsey is not, never seen Ramsey play a good game as a #10), and had him as an option to bring on in games when we are chasing a goal or playing offensively against a lower side at home as a CM.

Gnabry is better than Ox now. So yeah, why shouldn’t I argue that he should’ve stayed instead of Ox?

Gnabry is one year from on for free because he doesn’t have options to play here. If you had kept him and given him a role in the squad he wouldn’t be desiring to leave. Same with Jack re: the loan. Hence why I say we should’ve sold Ramsey and Ox.

As @Burgundy always says, a huge problem is how slow we are to move on failed projects or just bad players. Ramsey and Ox very much fall into this category, and while we offer them important roles in the squad (/don’t capitalise on their market value, which is quite good given their lack of quality), we lose opportunities, including our own (Gnabry, and potentially Jack).

It’s disastrous management, and we will pay for it. PPB you are very strange, tbh I think you try to put ‘reason’ over ‘emotion’ so much that you end up just taking the opposite side of an opinion that appears to you as ‘emotional’ so you can play your voice of reason game.

Well, that was in regards to Gnabry. HIm going to Werder Bremen on a permanent deal isn’t something that has ‘Werder Bremen offered me a huge future’ written over it, but exactly that there may be bigger clubs involved that are monitoring the situation. If it was all about going to Bremen for a year or two he could have very well signed for Arsenal and then moved there on a loan. They would have taken him without hesitation, knowing that he could very well be their star player if he performs to his potential.

As said above. Just a matter of not making myself 100% clear.

With Iwobi and now Perez we have options there though. It’s not like a couple of minutes here and there are really going to make that big of a difference in Wilshere’s future. He needs playing time and useful experience more than being subbed on here and there with the idea of him performing to the needed standard. I’m sure we’d be close to Ox level of criticism if he didn’t perform well enough during that time and everyone would be asking for him to be benched until he’s up to the required level.

Cazorla can cover as a #10 just fine and honestly, Jack isn’t that great when we’re chasing a goal. I’d rather put Walcott on the pitch if we were in that position.

As said above… It wasn’t our decision anymore the second he played a good tournament. If his father’s comments are anything to go by he was long gone after the played a couple of solid games.

That’s speculation at best.

I agree, we should be looking to make a lot more signings that have potential. I’ve been saying it myself quite a couple of times.

Meh… Jack is very much a gamble in the end. While I don’t really like the options you’ve mentioned it’s still very much a case of having the replacement ready before you sell. In today’s market you have to have the required quality available before you go out and clear players that can at least offer something. If not, you’re left with exactly what we’ve been seeing the few year, which is going into a season year after year being a player short. At least in my world i’m hoping that we’ll have a significant clear out next summer when a lot of the under-performing players are 1 year from being out of contract and we can build up from scratch.

1 Like