Jack Wilshere

I say this already fully accepting we are fucked from the start :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, letā€™s swap him and Manolas! Mustafi-Holding-Koscielny and Manolas :giroud2:

3 Likes

hahahaha oh my god, how do you even quantify stuff like Bravery, Technique and Decisions into an arbitrary scale like that?

I mean I get it for a video game but how are you even supposed to apply this in real life?

1 Like

If that is the caseā€¦
He probably is not a player that has ambition, but definitely a father that deserves more respect from us.

https://twitter.com/TheAFCTalk/status/771035118345551873

Eh, I donā€™t think picking guaranteed playing time over very likely sitting on the bench for a bunch of bottlers necessarily warrants less ambition.

Wilshere needs to prove he can play and stay fit, he has a better chance of doing that at Bournemouth.

1 Like

Wow what a fucking joke of a move.

Heā€™s taking a step backwards from the loan he had in 2010.

On the plus side if heā€™s fit all season Bournemouth are definitely not relegated.

3 Likes

Honestly think this could end up a really bad move. I think this is a nail in the coffin onto a road of career mediocrity.

Heā€™s not hitting his previous heights after a season playing relegation football.

5 Likes

Donā€™t see how this move benefits Arsenal, weā€™d be better off waiting till Jan to see where the team is

If itā€™s a decision to get minutes and find fitness itā€™s fine. Looks like Arsenal pulled plug on Roma, and Milan looks a little late in the day. What other concrete options? Between Bournemouth or Palace, or the Arsenal bench. A step down in club doesnā€™t necessarily mean itā€™s bad for his development. Leicester were in relegation the season before last and it didnā€™t harm their players.

1 Like

He needs consistent game time and the club need to truly know whether he can ever hack playing game to game.

Itā€™s a win win, what does keeping him at the club achieve when itā€™s clear heā€™s way down the pecking order?

Itā€™s clear Wilshere is in last chance saloon and if this loan doesnā€™t go well then heā€™s done.

1 Like

Strange decision, a not good decision. He choosed Bournemouth because he wants another comfort zone to play.

AC Milan, AS Roma, Benfica or Sporting were better teams to develop and to keep the pressure on him.

2 Likes

It is the club that killed the Roma deal not Jack he was reportedly open to the move.

I donā€™t see whatā€™s the problem ideally it would be good for him to go abroad but at the end of the day itā€™s in the PL that heā€™ll be plying his trade and the club need to know if he can cut it here fitness-wise once and for all.

Quite a few seem to be turning their noses up at Bournemouth but they like to play football and Howe is a up and coming manager.

1 Like

If the club only allowed Palace and Bournmouth to compete for his signature, then he made the right choice.

But itā€™s a shitty move by the club.

1 Like

AS Roma were ready to sign him, according to Sky Italy. The deal was ready to be completed but Cherries have improved their offer, better than AS Roma, AC Milan and Palace.

Haha. Money. Of course. Never mind what the best move for the player would be. :wink:

But, Itā€™s done. Just really hoping for him to get an extended run of games without incident.

Weird move. But he doesnā€™t want to take any risk. He would have failed in Italy.

Playing in Portugal isnā€™t a step up on Bournemouth.

2 Likes

Haha I love football

2 Likes