Jack Wilshere

Exactly, @Calum has the right end of the stick here.

Wilshere is going to be getting thousands of minutes in a premier league outfit that play our kind of football. His body will be able to adapt to playing XXXX number of minutes in the league and the physicality of it while also being the ultimate test of whether or not he can hack it in the Prem.

If he can’t do it for Bournemouth, he can’t do it for Arsenal, end of the line. Makes more sense for him to get up to speed at Bournemouth than dicked about in Rome, possibly spending a load of time on the bench.

1 Like

Sweet now I can have 5 Arsenal players in my fantasy team instead of just 3. Of course i’m going to get my ass beat, but I like the whole idea of it anyways. Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere, and Chambers woot!

2 Likes

When it came out that he was being loaned, I was hoping to see him go to Spain or Germany. Staying in the PL is a little disappointing.

However, He’ll be their best player and should get minutes providing his body allows. Hopefully he can stay fit, But I won’t hold my breath.

Wilshere at 5.9 might not be a bad idea.

He’ll get plenty of minutes and we saw last season that Afobe and Wilson aren’t goal shy so he should hopefully rack up the assists.

1 Like

What you on about? Cant blame the man for wanting to stay in England where he’s settled. It’s not a bad choice at all, regular football, a decent coach, decent enough playing style. Just be happy he’s not with Pardew!

3 Likes

I’d be very disappointed if he moved down a level in the premier league. I was hoping he would move abroad and broaden his horizons somewhat.

Eddie Howe is a promising manager, but I question how much he will learn there. Then again he’s probably just looking for playing time and not worried about further development…

2 Likes

just seems a bit ambitionless i guess…but mind you as it has been pointed out he could go for more ambition to a club abroad and not kick a ball, i guess it is maybe best that he goes somewhere where he is likely to play. Just hope he won’t fuck about and get down to business and prove his worth.

2 Likes

Disappointing.

1 Like

Totally the second sentence. No point broadening your horizons if you don’t play regularly. Better to play every week and get your fitness in order, stay healthy, then come back to Arsenal able to properly compete.

AFC Bournemouth now official second fav team in the league:)

1 Like

Meh, disappointed tbh, but still better than Palace I guess. I do wonder if the club really tried if he could have gotten a really good deal somewhere to play while gaining some outside of England experience. Surely seeing something new and playing different teams could have improved his game.

Yeah he probably just wants playing time. Defiently make or break for him. He’ll defiently get playing time at Bournemouth if he stays fit.

Also, it seems like the option of Roma was took out of his hands by the club

1 Like

Eddie Howe actually tries to get his team playing football. Wilshere would fly into their first team if and when fit.

1 Like

Everyone wait a second…Jack Wilshere is just like any other player who needs to EARN his place in any team he joins. Just because he is English, our homeboy and we love him for it, doesn’t mean he can just walk into any team he wants. There have been glimpses of his brilliance but he needs to work hard and be more intelligent in his play. Stop elevating him to great heights, he is 24 and needs to be humble and get to work and fulfil his potential for heaven sake!

If he thinks he is guaranteed minutes he will never work hard and improve, it will be back to square one when he returns to Arsenal.

4 Likes

Arsene leaves at the end of the season, Howe takes over, Jack returns in a blaze of glory.

1 Like

He’s playing in the same league that he played in on his previous comebacks, in each case leading to his physical breakdown?

Guy’s either got to change playing style or change leagues, Italy would’ve been a good testing ground for the latter I feel.

4 Likes

True and I was just about to say if he can’t handle the physicality of our league then he shouldn’t be at our club. Going abroad and doing well there might have delayed the inevitable. By going to Bournemouth we’ll finally learn whether he can cope in the Prem or not, and then in June we can take the appropriate action.

2 Likes

Ehm. We know he can handle it. He was a proper starter in 10/11. Question is why he can’t seem to remain fit rather than if he can handle playing in this League?

We’re gonna be looking like dicks if we suffer another midfield injury crisis :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, guess I’ve effectively lost all hope with Jack and am pretty much signing the divorce papers, having said that of course I’d love him to get at least get 25-30 games in under his belt and answer all the pisstakers in the media who’ll be LOLing at him for playing at the league’s smallest club.

Gotta feel a bit too for whichever Bournemouth midfielder has basically just been shunted aside at short notice to accommodate him!

1 Like

If Wilshere was our answer to an injury crisis, we were fucked from the start.

4 Likes