Jack Wilshere

If he is going anywhere I hope it is Roma. I dont want to see him helping another premiership team.It says something that 22 teams enquired about him.

I still can’t get my head around why Arsenal and Wenger don’t see him as first choice. Yes I know he is injury prone but for fucks sake he isn’t injured at the moment and we ought to make the most of that.

I’m obviously in the minority here but I really don’t understand why. He is top top quality when fit. And we are loaning him out, I know Jack has asked for it, but the reason for that is Wenger has sat him down and said he is behind other players in the squad. Which to my mind is mental.

If he does go to Roma, I really hope he has a stormer of a season and stays fit. And he comes back Arsenal next year better than ever.

Rose tinted spectacles now off.

1 Like

I just feel like it would be better for Wilshere to get 2500 mins for a team like Palace and let his body adapt to the physicality of playing that much than getting maybe 500-1000 minutes in a less physically demanding league.

Sure ideally he gets like 2500 mins at Roma, but in sceptical of that happening.

It will be interesting to see if he can go a season without too many injuries.
It wouldn’t be the first time a player that leaves here, who has been constantly injured with us, goes to another club and has fewer injuries.
Perhaps, when he gets back he can tell us what we are doing wrong, and what the other club is doing right, if this happens.

But it’s not just about game time. It’s about embracing a new mentality, a new culture.

Something that in my opinion, all English players should be doing. You only have to look at all the top teams at the Euros, and which leagues their players ply their trade in. England are unique in that I don’t think any of the 22 players have ever played in a league other than their own. I’m also not surprised that the only two times England have really done well in an international tournament, was when it was on home soil ('66 & '96).

The media and fans are very quick to talk about how good their English players are, but yet don’t ask why the top teams in Europe don’t try to buy them. It’s certainly not about the money, as we’ve seen with Bale.

And I think that really harms the national team.

I’ve lived and worked in a country other than England, and I can honestly say it made me a better person. It forces you out of your comfort zone, and that can only help.

3 Likes

Couple of (ex)Arsenal boys there in Szczesny and Vermaelen. Probably has something to do with him wanting to go to Roma.

Good for him if he goes but he will have strong competition from Strootman, De Rossi and Nainggolan for a starting position. Just perused their last few lineups and they go for a 3 man midfield. I’d back a sharp Jack Wilshere to get into their midfield.

1 Like

Oh snap!

2 Likes

Cmon fellas this is business get something done ffs.

Nice to see we aren’t just bending over!

If they were cunts in our talks for Manolas then they can pay more of Wilshere’s salary.

Haha we are pissed off at them being dicks about Manolas so we are playing hardball over Wilshere. Go on Arsenal!

If true, nice to see the club willing to throw its weight around.

I hope they’re just trying to get a couple of assurances in that he’ll get plenty of playing time and not have this deal break down because of something silly like 1-2m on wages.

Wait…so does this mean that Mustafi was a fallback option and we really wanted Manolas? Yiiiikkkkeeeessss @Trion

Looks like it, yes.

We should be happy Roma were dicks then, because out of the two I think we got the better defender.

Sky Sports reporting AC Milan are making a late bid for Jack Wilshere on loan, with Roma only in with an outside chance.

Could get interesting

Almost certainly for the best.

AC Milan have a weaker midfield so he’d stand a much better chance of getting minutes.

I’m excited about this, Italy is the land of central midfielders, If he ends up at Roma then he will have the chance to work with De Rossi and Totti, if he ends up in Milan he will have some of the best coaches in the world so hopefully jack can learn from his time in Italy and come back even better before.

Looking like he might end up in England though, wherever he ends up being loaned out his a humbling experience and the game time will all help his experience.

Bournemouth win.

1 Like

THAT right there kinda shows that Wilshere might not have a future with this club…kinda a lesser version of that idiot Frimpong more interested in being a ‘lad’ and being around mates than getting on with things and making smart decisions to further his career.

1 Like

Nice! He’ll be their best player so will play every match. Eddie Howe is a good manager aswell. Going in my FPL team now!

3 Likes