Jack Wilshere

Crystal Palace to stay in London.

Definitely language a big factor, especially when youā€™re talking about living somewhere for 9 months on loan itā€™s not worth bothering. Itā€™s just not part of British culture to appreciate foreign languages. We have to do an hour a week of a foreign language from 11 to 14 but most of the time thatā€™s not enough to actually learn it and most of the time itā€™s French, whereas lots of foreigners are learning other languages early on. And if youā€™re a footballer from a poor league youā€™re always expecting to end up playing abroad so youā€™re less intimidated by new things, which just isnā€™t a thing for the English.

You also canā€™t get good gravy and chips in Spain and Italy.

2 Likes

Laziness, and money.

Heā€™s obviously choosing Palace because of his kids. He wouldnā€™t get into the team at Juve or Roma anyway.

I think Palace is a good choice. Heā€™ll get regular, consistent minutes in the physical league that he already plays in, the team will probably be set up around his playmaking skills and with players like Bentekkerz and Remy up front theyā€™ll probably score goals too.

Heā€™ll get more time at Palace than Juve or Roma.

Hope he finds his feet wherever he ends up. Then he can come back and carve up like he was supposed to. Wishful thinking perhaps? Regardless, will be keeping an eye on his performances for sure. Canā€™t help but feel a bit excited for him.

If he was my dad, and he told me he chose Palace over Juventus because of me, Iā€™d be fucking furious.

9 Likes

He goes to Juventus, does great, loves it, decides he wants to force a move to Juventus in June 2017.

He goes to Palace, does great, decides he wants to beg Wenger to return to Arsenal in June 2017.

Palace please.

2 Likes

Hes a busted flush forget about him now. Players dont comeback off injuries like his in the modern game anymore. We over hype how good he was really.
He had a big potential no doubt but not the status thats grown round him since the injuries.
More suited for the continent for me anyway. Be glad to get rid tbh.

I agree with @Craigie. Juventus arenā€™t the club who accept to have a player for a season long loan without an option to buy. They arenā€™t stupid and Jackie hasnā€™t 32 like Yossi Benayoun.

He will join Palace for a long training session who will prepare him to return at Colney and try to become a key player.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one way of looking at it tho.

Another is:

He goes to Juventus, spends some time absorbing a different tactical mindset from a good coach and high calibre players, still doesnā€™t fancy it out there but comes home a better player that appreciates more when to release the ball.

Or he goes to Pardew in the rough and tumble of the Premier League, walks straight into the team, 3 matches in he goes down clutching his left ankle in pain after Lee Cattermole scythes him down and the cycle repeats. Only it wouldnā€™t be a cycle really as I think weā€™re nearing the end game of Wilshere at Arsenal.

3 Likes

I like the option of Roma the most so far.

Ornstein update!

2 Likes

Come on Jack, push yourself, goto Roma. Your good mate Woj is there, heā€™ll make sure youā€™re not on the edge of the team photo.

10 Likes

If he goes to Roma heā€™s competing with Strootman Naingollan De Rossi and Paredes for a spot in midfield.

Why would Roma choose to give minutes and develop a foreign player whoā€™s going to leave after a season rather than spending time and effort on someone like Paredes who is one of their own?

Loan signings to teams like Roma or Juve are mostly about depth and having someone to play in cup ties so they can rest their first choice players.

Heā€™d get much more playing time at Palace or Bournemouth which would be much more beneficial to his development than being 4th or 5th choice at a club even better at bottling their opportunities than us. Especially since its the premier league we want him to play in and get consistent in.

2 Likes

Seems a weird one for me. I know we have a lot of CMā€™s but i think Jack offers us something different to the others in that position

Plus i cant see Santi or Ramsey going the whole season without picking up an injury or 2 so he would be ideal

Iā€™d be starting him ahead of Ramsey anyway

I think Bournemouth would be a good fit for him. Play some good football and he will fit their style well. Id like him to go to Roma though. I think that will make him a better player

1 Like

Maybe he is staying in the end, lol!

Because Roma actually cares about winning the title?

He could learn from a really good tactician who could help to develop his game tactically. Heā€™ll learn more playing with some good players than he would playing under Pardew or for Bournemouth.

ā€œRoma making significant efforts to sign Wilshere on loan. Wilshere met both Alan Pardew & Eddie Howe yesterday in Londonā€

Iā€™d hope itā€™s Roma. Itā€™ll be Palace.

EDIT:

AC Milan interested in Cesc Fabregas but Chelsea not interested in a dealā€¦Another possible route maybe?

Looks close now.

3 Likes