Jack Wilshere

I see him as much of a CM as someone like Isco and judging by Wenger’s comments last year he seemingly agrees, so unless Wenger believes he can compete with Iwobi, Oxlade, Ramsey, Walcott and maybe Gnabry then he’s probably best off finding minutes elsewhere.

Wow didn’t see this coming… big fan of Jack, but he hasn’t been able to stay fit with us and I’m not sure how he fits in any more… but wow…

Don’t see a chance he would be loaned, he’s one of our best players, but I understand if it’s for more game time

:campbell:

2 Likes

What the fuck?

Two very important words need to be in any loan agreement.

Recall clause!!

2 Likes

For Jack it’s probably a good move. But as a selfish Arsenal fan who has to suffer through a multitude of injuries following this team every year, I think it’s terrible for our team depth. Yeah Wilshere will probably be injured anyways, but I’d feel a lot more comfortable with him sitting on the bench just in case Özil goes down.

1 Like

I’m really into this idea, like I said before he needs a make or break loan away from the club

2 Likes

We do have a lot of other options if Ozil goes down - either Santi or Ramsey as the 10 or playing more of a 4-4-2 with either Alexis or Perez as the second striker.

I think the unfortunate reality is that missing so much time due to injury has taken its toll on Wilshere. He isn’t good enough to play big minutes for us right now but if he is ever going to realize his talent, he needs to play.

Agree.
If Jack can be loaned out, so should Ox and Rambo.

The adventures of Jack and Joe in Turin!

https://twitter.com/r_zana/status/770383979040083968

Unlike Wilshere :poldi:

8 Likes

Wilshere needs like at least a run of 10-15 full 90 minute games under his belt if he’s ever to get going again. He just isn’t going to get that here at the moment.

As long as there’s a recall clause, this is a win win situation.

Just goes to show how fucking terrible our medical and strength/conditioning staff is when we know we’re going to be depleted come January and we’re lamenting the fact that we won’t have Jack “Don’t call me Diaby” Wilshere to provide depth.

That said, he needs the minutes so I’m happy he’s going to get the opportunity. For the love of god though, please stay healthy.

1 Like

Well ignoring the massive question mark over his fitness every season making any discussion about him almost moot, I see no benefits in this for Arsenal. Cazorla and Wilshere are both injury prone while Ramsey is both injury prone and has not looked suitable in the facilitating CM role (which is all that’s available in the current set up with the current players in the squad). Our depth there is a big strength and for a team that is always short on high quality depth I wouldn’t even consider it. Maybe it’s a move relating to activity we don’t know about. Correct me if I’m wrong but we will still pay his wages if he’s out on loan right?

3 Likes

I must be in the small minority who thinks a loan would be an absolutely brilliant idea.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call Santi injury prone especially if you’re lumping Wilshere in there along with him.

Prior to the 2015/2016 the least amount of appearances he managed in a season for us was 30, he’s been very reliable for us.

I think that depends on the deal. If it’s someone on high wages who isn’t that great being loaned to a smaller club, I’d imagine we’d have to pay the wages, or a portion of them. When you’re loaning out a talented in demand player who when fit could be a very useful player to the team loaning the player, I’d imagine they’d be more likely to pay the wages. Like when Liverpool loaned Satin, didn’t they pay a loan fee of 5 million for the privilege? I’d imagine if they paid a loan fee it would go without saying that they’d be paying his wages. Purely speculating here

I don’t really see the point from a development point of view. We know what kind of player he is and I think he’s quite close to the finished article of that player when he’s fit. He could add some end product to his game but I’m sceptical that he’ll go away, add that and come back a superstar.

I can only think he’s asked to leave, knowing he won’t get many starting minutes.

Just imagine if we were loaning out Jack to make room for Fabregas who’s not getting any minutes with Chelsea at the moment