Is Alli one if the best young players in the world?

It’s about right now though. Nobody knows who will be the better player in 5 years time. But at this moment in time, Alli is the one playing the better football and the one who looks the hotter prospect and so therefore deserves to be higher than Rashford.

Not sure how you can possibly know this.

THe list is of the 25 best 21 and under prospects, by definition that means in the future and not now, is that not what a prospect means??

Well I’m Not sure how you can’t KNOW alli is a better prospect than rashford as this descusion is a matter of opinion, you can’t prove a hypothetical

On that point though I would go as far as saying if alli was in Utds squad he’d have barely played a first team game for them at this stage in his career

If rashford has been in spurs squad for the passed 2 seasons he would be rated as highly as kane and alli are in my opinion

Yes and as I said, you can only judge that on what they’ve done so far. IMO - and the opinion of others too - Alli is better. He has better numbers than Rashford and overall looks the better prospect. Whether this turns out to be the case in years to come, we can only wait and see. But for now, Alli is showing more signs of being a complete player than Rashford (albeit Rashford is younger) and it won’t be long before top clubs are tripping over themselves to sign him, if they’re not already.

If you disagree then fair enough. As you said, it’s all a matter of opinion.

you have to factor in the clubs they play for when you look at their numbers,

I don’t think it’s crazy to say rashford would have more minutes played and better numbers if he had been playing for spurs for the passed few seasons than mouriniho and van gals utd do you?

If alli has been a utd player his whole career he would only have a few starts to his name at this point in his career, in comparison rashford is becoming one of the most important players (under mouriniho no less) in utds squad and is younger than alli,

If alli was a utd player and rashford was a spurs player rashford would have the better numbers so basing you assesment on that alone is a flawed way to assess their potential IMO

Maybe, maybe not. If you want to judge a player based on how you think they’d perform at a different/worse club then that’s your prerogative. For me, it’s not just about how many games they’ve started though. It’s about how they have both performed. Rashford is a good player, no doubt, and an exciting prospect but I feel like I’ve seen more from Alli. He’s more consistent and is improving constantly whereas I think Rashford is lacking that superstar quality which Alli possesses.

Yeah I’m not convinced there’s much in it between Rashford and Alli. Not really sure how good Rashford is honestly, I go back and forth a bit on him, and don’t watch him consistently enough to say for sure. But Alli is being massively overrated here. He’s a goal scoring #10 who is average to poor in every other facet of the game. At first I rated him because he came with the reputation of being a real midfield player, but it’s clear he’s not really that and that it’s not just the tactical position Poch has deployed in him, but rather his qualities dictating the tactical position Poch deploys him in.

I’m not really sure who’s better between the two but I do get the feeling if I had to choose, that I’d go with Rashford. Would prefer a goal scoring forward with dribbling ability than a flawed #10, there are lots of players out there who can make for a good #10 or can be moved a bit higher up the pitch as an 8 and make for a better team overall. Goal scoring forwards are not common or easy to find, especially if Rashford also can be a #9 again, as he started out.

2 Likes

Before this season how good would you have said a Young player would have to have been for moriniho to even consider him having place in his squad let alone put as much faith in him as mou seems to be doing with rashford?

Sorry @AbouCuellar in other people’s opinion alli is better just give it up mate

How mature :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just as mature as declaring “other people agree with me I must be right”

The post above was more to point out that while some may, not everyone agrees alli is better

I could easily say “IMO, AND of others rashford is better, it wouldn’t lend my opinion any more weight would it?

Oh is that what I said? I must have written the “I must be right” part in invisible ink. Some people think Alli is better than Rashford, that is all I meant by it.

Well it read as if you thought hardly anyone would disagree that alli is better, My post tagging abou was to point out that isn’t not the case

Honestly, when I look around the world of football, I think that young, genuine midfielders who are good at real midfield play, like Ceballos or Llorente, are actually the rarity.

Goal scoring 10s/shadow strikers or 7s that could be used as goal scoring 10s don’t strike me as nearly as rare. Your comment would perhaps make more sense if Alli were an 8 or something resembling an 8, but even then, we’ve seen the pitfalls of relying on a goal-scoring 8 (Ramsey in our case). I prefer a true, proper midfield player…give me Xavi, Kroos, Modric, Verratti, Thiago, Koke…

1 Like

Ali is a big time talent, however, I do get what some are saying with regard to him. If you watched Spuds recently particularly against West Ham you can see that a lot their play breaks down when it reaches him, more than a few of their attacking phases of play came to nothing when the ball came to him and this was at a point when they could have put the game against West Ham to bed.

I don’t think he’s efficient enough at this point, he scores goals sure and makes fantastic runs but he’s game has stalled a little IMO and that’s one of the reasons why he plays so close to goal. He isn’t playing as a #10 at top echelons as he is now and doesn’t quite have the game to play that is required of a CM at a top club either.

1 Like

Where as rashford on the other hand on track to be a key player for Manchester United,

Obviously he could end up not making it too but as much as I think he’s a cunt the fact that mouriniho seems to trust him makes me pretty confidant he will go on to be a top top player

Also Ali plays for the scum, so fuck him he’s shit.

1 Like

Your in for it now

This is a pretty balanced view I think… I would just point out as well that he is 21, has 76 appearances and is now a key player for a team fighting for CL spots… he has 30 goals and 17 assists during those appearances and is definitely one of their more important players.

I don’t rate him as highly as Mbappe, but to be fair, I haven’t watched much of Mbappe… what I am pretty impressed with re: Alli is that he is fearless - wants to get on the ball and be the man at critical times and fights until the end. He is someone that isn’t fun to play against (regardless of his cuntiness)…

Wrt Wilshere, I think using one game against Barca as basis to say he is better is kind of invalid… yeah, it is a big indicator that he can produce some great quality, but I’d have to say over 50+ games and taking into consideration age, Alli has the edge over Wilshere apples/apples - Jack just never did it consistently or long enough. And all the recent excitement over Jack is largely down to a performance against… Doncaster? His time at Bournemouth was successful by all accounts but I’m not sure we would expect anything less than a good Arsenal player being the best player at a club like Bournemouth…

It’s not about who’s better it’s about potential, for a player to do what wilshire did over 2 legs against Barcelona was enough to show he had the potential to be up their with the very best, alli has been very consistent is is a very good player, I’m not sure he has ever put in a performance that would make you think he could be up their with the very best in his position

Also if you were to read on my point was that I wouldn’t have rated wilshire as 2nd best prospect in the world in the same way alli isn’t