Is Alli one if the best young players in the world?

You honestly think alli could boss a midfeild against xavi and inesta yeah?

1 Like

Completely different type of players so it’s hard to compare…

2 Likes

Nog disagreeing with your overall point, but Gotze and Sahin don’t really fit in that list imo. When you carve out a career as a starter for BVB you are a really good player. Not world class maybe, but still.

This Xenophobic attitude towards English football and English players got boring a while ago.

Pretty sure your question was whether he’s a better player at 21.

Gotze and Neymar were considered the best 2 under 21s in the world back then, with Gotze averaging a goal or assist a game for a few seasons IIRC. Wenger wanted Gotze to replace Fabregas. Sahin won bundesliga player of the year aged 22.

Neither were world class for seniors but neither are any of the world class under 21s today maybe with the possible exception of Mbappe.

Well 21 or under as per that list

Alli is very good

Jack wilshire was man of the match against the best midfeild possibly ever seen in the modern game

To say alli is better than jack at hat age is a massive stretch and is based on his record of scoring against mainly lesser opposition

If you were to compare Alli to anyone it’s Lampard and Gerrard who were really doing no better at 20/21.

I don’t know why people want to knock him other than because he’s a mega cunt. Kane and Alli are already one of the most effective 9/10 combos in PL history. They’re about the only part of the England team I’m alright with.

7 Likes

Basically is a striker.

This is you creating your own drama. a) I don’t have an English player bias, if anything the opposite b) He most surely isn’t in that bracket, frankly. I think you could even name a couple more that would go above him on the list, but there’s just no way he’s in that bracket with those four.

Asensio is the only one of those 4 that is Mediterranean, and frankly, Alli is probably rated as high as he is in part because of how graceful some of his goals have looked…in terms of ‘graceful’ Alli > Jesus.

Gerrard and Lampard were central midfielders though. Alli plays incredibly high up the pitch and doesn’t have a midfield game as those two did. Tbh if you gave me the choice between Alli and Ceballos, for example, I wouldn’t have much doubt in choosing the latter.

1 Like

I mean, he’s won PFA Young Player of the Year two times, to Jack’s one.

He’s remained fit, scored more goals and been in a broadly more successful team - two consecutive title challenges.

I appreciate Jack operated in a different position, but the overall impact Alli has had on the League is far higher than Jack’s - and I am a massive fan of Wilshere (his performance over two legs against Barcelona was incredible).

He plays for Spurs and is a twat, but objectively he is an incredible talent.

2 Likes

I’m not questioning wether he is any good, I’m asking is he really better than mbappe and I heap of other players on that list

I guess it’s a matter of opinion wether jack was as good or had as much potential at the same age,

the reason I bring that up is I doubt jack wilshire would have been ranked 2nd best prospect in the world at the time and I don’t hunk delli Ali is now

Your point was about Wilshere specifically, but fine.

Why is Alli not at the level of the young players on that list? Mbappe has proven in knockout rounds of the CL he can bag goals, which sets him apart, but I don’t see why Alli shouldn’t be up there.

He should a lot closer to number 25 on that list that 1st

Goal scoring midfielders are hard to come by let alone ones that are u23. Ali rightfully deserves to be high on that list.

2 Likes

Marc Rashford is #9 on the list which is arguably as odd as Alli

1 Like

Rashford should be higher than alli IMO

2 Likes

Why those 4? Dembele passes to the opposition as much as Oxlade Chamberlain. Asenio as technically good as he looks hasn’t got nearly the same amount of game time to prove himself week in week out. And Mbappe as devastating as he’s been has only been doing it for 6 months and often off the bench against tired legs.

We’ve no idea how these careers will progress.

Gerrard at his best played as a 10, he was all over the place as a CM

1 Like

Absolutely no chance. Not even comparable.

7 Likes

your telling theirs absolutely no chance at all that rashford will be a better player than alli honestly? Absolutely no chance at all?

If rashford was at Tottenham he would be starting every single game and getting numbers similar to alli, alli isn’ta better prospect than rashford IMO