Héctor Bellerin

My assessment on the match was we just couldn’t get a foot hold on the game in Midfield so no matter who was at RB would not have made us score more than 1 goal.

Not having an outlet at RB when attacking Even to the point our players were obviously trying to avoid passing the ball to Jenkinson completely changed the way we play, again I’m not nessisarily saying we would have won if belerin, debuchy or mustafi were playing at RB we dininately wouldn’t have played as badly as we did

We lost the game in midfield. Fundamentally our midfield could not retain possession and bring our attacking players into the game. Having Bellerin wouldn’t have made a difference because we could not keep hold of the ball, therefore he would have spent most of the game camped in our half.

Does Kaner not realise we had Bellerin in the City game and we spent most of that game camped in our own half too which rendered Bellerin completely ineffective once our midfield lost all sense of holding onto the ball.

But then again all games are won by having a good RB so what do I know.

1 Like

If only this guy could defend he would be the complete deal.

1 Like

We didn’t actually lose the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very much aware of that mate.

Think it’s fair to say his defensive qualities have not improved. One of his worst performances in a good while. Horrendous evening. Absolutely mugged off twice for two of their goals. Can be no doubt his ability going forwards, but still has much to learn and improve at the back.

1 Like

maybe the worst game he has had since he started playing reglarly for us tbh. He was outpaced over and over, quite unusual, maybe he was tired or something. Doesn’t explain his poor positioning though unless he expected to rely on his pace to close down quicker.

1 Like

Physically exhausted.

1 Like

I blame the hair. It’s hideous at the moment!

3 Likes

I think this is the worst game he’s had for us - at fault for all three goals IMO. Xhaka’s idiotic foul came as a result of trying to cover for Bellerin, where Ramsey had previously not.

Poor.

Not his best today, like I said if he could defend he would be a good player.

2 Likes

Chambers-esque’s performance against Swansea.

1 Like

Heavily unfair to criticized him for any of their goals he was involved in. First one, he is following the shape of the defense and cuts inside with every right. Daniels completely free on the far right is Ramsey’s responsibility who is doing fuck all at this moment in midfield defensively. After the long ball Bellerin has to cover a lot of ground to make up for Ramsey’s lack of contribution and at that speed it is really hard to stay adequate if the attacker makes the move to cut inside.

Second is a blatant faul, absolutely no fault of Bellerin’s. Fraser has the advantage in pace as he starts his run earlier but Hector did well enough to get to the ball first as he should have and to guard it with his body. Not calling the foul is yet another bit of decisive and terrible refereing, even worse in the light of the penalty given for the exact same type of offense. Shame really as Oliver is usually one of the more reliable officials.

I am not saying Hector played well, he certainly didn’t look convincing but I don’t think he was at fault for any of their goals.

4 Likes

Hes definitley at fault on a couple of them goals. His positional play and understanding of the game let him down tonight.
Its happened before and will happen again as a developing player.
The culprit is Wenger and his non existant defensive understanding of todays game.
He doesnt erradicate mistakes and continually never addresses cover from the midfield for his defenders. More than any other reason our defensive frailties are why we cant ever win a league.
He was massivley out manouvered over last season by Raneri in this department.
Chelseas classier version will leave us in their wake too because of it.

This is why we need girls here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It’s normal for players of his age to have ups and downs. The way he was called world class after playing good against a very mediocre Palace team and how he got trashed by an ok Bournemouth team just shows how inconsistent his form can be.

He’s got the talent to become great and he’ll surely show it again in the next few games as long as he doesn’t lose his confidence after a game like this.

3 Likes

He played with a knock. Case closed.

If we can get a quality manager in at seasons end he will end up being one of the best right backs in the world in coming years, if Wenger remains I think he will just end up being a good player with certain defiances.

Pretty fun how just 48 hours ago people were saying how world class he is now :joy::joy:

4 Likes