Héctor Bellerin

Whilst I agree with your post (i.e. that it’s perfectly normal for footballers to have hobbies and other interests), I think the criticism is that he is prioritising his “image” and so-called status in the fashion world above his football commitments.

That would be a fair comment to make if we knew this was true. But applying common sense, there is no way of knowing that he is actually prioritising his off the pitch activities. It’s all speculation based on him wearing fancy clothes and posing in random pictures.

Unless Luca is actually his barber and legitimately calls him a hair cunt for the number of times he has to cut Hector’s hair each week.

6 Likes

Yeah certain people are wired different ways. What you mention about Terry and Adams are more vices they had that may or may not have interfered with their careers, however among all else their hobby was football and that’s what they were passionate for. Drinking and fucking aren’t hobbies lol.

Bellerin wouldn’t be the first athlete ever who was born with physical ability but had things that interested him more in life than a sport, ultimately stunting his growth and preventing him from being the very best version of an athlete that he could be. In fact a lot of times those types of athletes use their platform of being a famous athlete to spring board their career in whatever they are truly passionate about. I get that feeling from Bellerin.

These posts are ridiculous @BigWeng_4LYFE

Drinking isn’t detrimental to your game? Being all over the newspapers for being a disloyal shagger isn’t detrimental to your game?

Criticism of Bellerin’s interest in fashion is detrimental to his trust in the fanbase.

A lack of competition, tactics that demand too much of him and our overall one-dimensional attacking strategy is the problem, not the colour of his jeans.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t buy any of that.

He gets dressed in the morning like the rest of us, he just happens to put on clothes that some people find offensive. And he goes to a few fashion shows every now and then. Big fucking deal.

Like I said, i’m not defending Bellerin’s performances. I’m just disputing the argument that his fashion sense/interest is to blame.

This is a brilliant picture :joy:

2 Likes

Hector has always been massively overrated. His lukwarm performances have nothing to do with his outside interests. He’s just very average

1 Like

Give him a like then you tight bastard

2 Likes

HECTOR!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yes! Looks so much better than 24!

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like someone wanting a move away

4 Likes

Could literally be because wenger has decided to leave (although the players will never admit to it) i reckon Ramsey will stay too depending on if we bring in a good manager or not, we get someone like eddie howe then they probably will want to leave.

Maybe, but maybe not. Like has been pointed out we don’t have access to what he’s doing with his free time. I tend to believe that athletes who are most dedicated to their craft and love their sport, tend to do better. If Hector is preoccupied and doesn’t love football or he just views it as a means to and end, then he naturally won’t be as good as he could be.

Another guy who needs to leave this summer along with trash xhaka.

Having a great game today especially defensively.

Has lead by example for the youngsters.

1 Like

Getting beaten over and over again by Martial is having a good game? Ok.

1 Like

How many times was that? As if it negates his overall performance which yes was indeed good.

1 Like

He totally lost Alexis on their 1-0 goal. Defence 101, pay attention to the opposing players position, not the ball.

Isn’t supposed Sanchez a couple of levels above Bellerin??

His passing was bad, he ruined a bunch of good opportunities down his flank because his final ball is so shit. On top of that Martial tormented him when he entered the match. Sorry I don’t see how he had a good game, and this kind of shit happens pretty often.

1 Like

Is it just me or does he look slower than he used to be?

2 Likes