Granit Xhaka

Certainly not going to judge him on this game, but he looked a bit slow and off pace when he came on. As I said the circumstances were shit for a debut but he’s had a full pre-season with us pretty much so not sure why…

1 Like

Was well known he’s a player that struggles when isolated, he can’t defend in space.

Hope he starts tomorrow, can’t wait to see how good he is

2 Likes

I’d like to see him start tomorrow but Leicester of all teams sounds unnerving if that’s the case. I would rather see him in for Le Coq regardless with Elneny and possibly Cazorla/Wilshere above.

1 Like

Very promising performance. He’s gonna be a great player for us.

1 Like

He could be the best midfielder in our squad since the departure of Patrick Vieira. Looks fantastic with the ball behind the feet and ready to bloke the opponents with his tackles.

Was great. Can’t wait to see more

1 Like

Uh-oh, I can see some praise coming for Wenger out of this.:wenger:

1 Like

Solid performance. Couple giveaways and a mistimed challenge but not worried about that. Surely a better performance than last week hah.

Was surprised he came off instead of Coquelin since Coq was playing with fire on a yellow, but perhaps Xhaka isn’t fit to play 90 minutes yet, which is fine.

I want the gif when he passed the ball to Alexis. Xabi Alonso was right, he is similar to him.

1 Like

Love him already.

4 Likes

He’s just a cyborg!

1 Like

Baller.

Brilliant. So calm on the ball and those long passes he was pinging :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I can see the resemblance

3 Likes

Only thing he did wrong was his slow reaction for the goal that watford scored, really put in some brilliant passes offensively.

(Video) Granit Xhaka vs Watford (A)

https://amp.twimg.com/v/7a28466b-5c9e-426b-a72a-87d4d62185da

Such a baller. :clap:

1 Like

Got dispossessed a few times against leicester too, seems like he’s adjusting to the pace of the league

1 Like

Love this guy.

2 Likes

I knew his passing was good but damn it’s really good. Can ping it on his weaker right foot as well. Not bad for your full debut.