Granit Xhaka

Yeah he was pretty poor again, its starting to look more and more ajust like a shit signing if we are being honest.

2 Likes

Like I said, doesnā€™t look out of place in this team.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t get booked :frowning:

2 Likes

Credit where it is due. He had a good game.

1 Like

Controllaā€™ :sunglasses: Top performance

Granit Xhaka vs. West Ham:

1 shot
120 passes
89% pass accuracy
133 touches
2 dribbles completed
4 tackles
2 aerial duels won

1 Like

Elneny makes him good.

Coquelin makes him shit.

1 Like

And Santi makes Coq look good.

3 Likes

Imagine how good Cazorla would look without carrying Monsieur ā€œBorn without feetsā€.

4 Likes

:poldi:

Anyone got that nutmeg on Mark Noble. Cheeky

That was probably his best game for the season if Iā€™m being honest.

1 Like

He plays very well with a ā€œnormalā€ player like Elneny as partner. Try to imagine him with a world class player near himā€¦

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/849699907107729408

2 Likes

While he was very good, Iā€™ll hold back on the ā€˜all he needs is Elnenyā€™ until he manages the same performance against a team who press him.

5 Likes

i was thinking each and every single one of their games together had been shite.

He does seem to play markedly better with anyone whoā€™s not Coquelin.

Thatā€™s twice heā€™s played well against a poor Hammers side. He has generally been better with Elneny in midfield than Coquelin and Ramsey. They may as well be the first choice partnership for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Those 4 seconds sum up entirely the sort of player Iā€™d hoped heā€™d be.

2 Likes

It makes sense that he plays better with players with far better movement than Coquelin. It occupies the opponentā€™s midfield and gives Xhaka more time to play the right pass - which we did to great effect last night.

His best performances, for me, have been Watford away (Cazorla as partner), first half vs Bayern at home (Ramsey / Ox) and last night (Elneny). I donā€™t think Xhaka can be blamed personally for the second half against Bayern.

1 Like

When we play teams who simply donā€™t want anything to do with the ball and are happy to be completely passive. Shock horror he looks good.

When we play teams who actually want to do something and press us and play fast. Heā€™s basically been trash.

4 Likes