Granit Xhaka

Hasn’t covered himself in glory thus far but when you’re signed by a manager who doesn’t even know what your best role in the team is, it’s hardly surprising he hasn’t managed to shine.

1 Like

Right up there with Andy Carroll in the £30 million+ joke stakes.

4 Likes

30+ mil in the toilet

4 Likes

I really wanted him to work out but it’s clear Arsene didn’t know or didn’t want to know what kind of player he was signing.

He may end up as a very expensive squad player.

1 Like

Yet even more dead weight we can’t unload because their wages are too high. We never learn.

1 Like

Was not convinced when we bought him and ive seen fuck all to suggest hes anything special at all.
All teams by turkeys at some stage, looks like hes one of ours.
Hasnt got an ounce of malice in him inspite of the red cards. Hes fucking invisible imo.

1 Like

Seems all panic buy… Ozil, Xhaka, Mustafi… even Perez…
Wonder if we were not hampered by injuries or in desperate situation, Wenger would buy them or not.

1 Like

I’m not buying that he’s a bust yet, tbh with the way our midfield is a shambles and our piss poor organisation and set up some very good if not great CM’s would come here and struggle.

His struggles are compounded by his lack of athleticism but with someone beside him that can’t pass, is uncomfortable in possession and now seemingly can’t even defend it will be difficult to get a hold of the middle.

Add the fact the team cannot press or retrieve the ball as a unit and it really isn’t an environment for him to flourish right now.

5 Likes

So difficult to get rid of Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky, and now we have Xhaka, Ramsey, Coq.

If we don’t mind playing Gibbs over Nacho over a few games, hope Elneny will come back soon.
Santi, don’t think he will be same anymore, even he play for Arsenal again.

Yeah still a very good player. Manager not helping him

Ain’t dude fault he playing next to garbage

A manager who is willing to engage in a little bit of tactical instructions would do Xhaka a world of good.

Absolutely this.

I’ve been really disappointed with what we’ve seen from him thus far, but I’m not willing to write him off just yet. I at least want to see him play under a different manager first, one who finds a very clearly defined role for him with a capable partner in a well instructed team before we label it a total waste of money and give up all hope.

I can’t lie though, I am pretty concerned.

3 Likes

We have overrated this guy so much.

1 Like

Honestly this guys first touch is worse than Coquelin’s and i’m really surprised how badly he folds under pressure. However give him time to pick out a pass and he can make shit happen. Still though not good enough.

1 Like

I saw Chaka in the Euros with a clearly defined role suited to his strengths and he was solid. Does Wenger set any of our players up for success? No, he puts players in the positions of his wet dreams that are not based in reality.

1 Like

We can say that about nearly all our squad, we massively overrate our players. I think he can be a very good player but it looks like we will have to wait two or three seasons before we see it. Even at that I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold off by the next manager for half the price we paid. He’s reckless at times and very slow on the ball, picks out a nice pass here and there but for the price we paid isn’t good enough right now for a top 4 side.

He’s really not good in this system at all and it’s been a theme since the beginning of the season really. Largely down to the set up and how Wenger likes his CB’s high up and picking the passes through the lines. Acquiring a player of Xhaka’s ilk, I really thought we would be playing to his strengths, because it should be him that starts from deep, spraying diagonals.

Form the team around him and we’ll have a functioning midfield for once.

1 Like

Probably just some cheap ones like Arteta and Mertesacker.

1 Like

@A.F. called him the Swiss Charlie Adam last night :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

@Burgundy I want to hear your defence, he was your man after all.