Granit Xhaka

In fairness he had that amazing season next to a player similar to Xhaka , in Arteta. Almost a quarterback next to him dictating the play. .

Ramseyā€™s success that season wasnā€™t even remotely down to his midfield partner tbh. In 13/14 we had a forward line of Poldi, Giroud, Santi and Ozil these technically based players lacked directness and pace. We largely penetrated teams through intricate passing moves in the final third until Ramsey brought a more direct alternative in which his timed runs from midfield and energy in the final third caused massive disruption for the opposition.

The dynamic of the team has changed massively since then. Thereā€™s less need for Ramsey to burst forward because we have pace and directness on both flanks. This means that midfield players should be fully concentrating on facilitation and control.

2 Likes

If thereā€™s less need for him to burst forward then thereā€™s less need for him to be in the team at all. Facilitation and control are not what heā€™s about, Iā€™d trust Elneny more tbh.

Yh agree with you completely mate in regards to why Ramsey had such a good season that year. Makes perfect sense. Our forward line could definitely use some help from midfield, in the goal scoring department. Thereā€™s always been a certain value tagged to a goal scoring ā€œarrive in the box lateā€ kind of midfielder too.

Iā€™m all about tactical pluralism these days - Ramseyā€™s style of play seems causes alot of disruption against opposition sat deep, there was a period last season when Ramsey put in good run performances against relegation fodder when our forward line was stale and non effective.

I think weā€™ll see quite a lot of Barcelona-esque long balls to Hector this season. Hope theyā€™re not watching.

4 Likes

Granit needs more time to understand the other players, especially Coquelin who has played box to box during the first half when the swiss was on midfield to organize the distribution of the ball. Him and Francis are apparently not appropriate to play together. In my opinion, he can perform well with Cazorla, Elneny or Ramsey alongside him.

1 Like

Xhaka to Bellerin to Giroud/Walcott/Sanchez GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

Overpriced average player. Gonna get found out.

what a bunch of bollocksā€¦he is only 23 and is already showing great qualities he can only get better!

3 Likes

This isnā€™t the Pogba thread lad.

5 Likes

Obviously not, because Pogba is the greatest player EVER to wear a football shirt, and because of his super powers no one else will win anything in this country, ever againā€¦

NOT EVEN Leicesterā€¦

1 Like

I think weā€™ll find out that he is our best DM since Gilberto Silva.

6 Likes

I kinda fear the same.

Maybe Iā€™ve just got the wrong notion in my head, but I thought that much of what I had read about Pogba indicated that opinion was fairly split on him. Almost everyone recognises the obvious talent but I feel like a lot of people are saying that:

A) He isnā€™t worth the money being spent
B) That he isnā€™t actually undisputed world class yet and sill has to prove himself more before being classed along with the elite players in world football.

So I think your post kind of misses itā€™s mark a bit.

1 Like

All the fans will be hanging off his nuts by the end of the season regardless of what happens.

Natural leader, can boss the middle and is still young. Will be a key player for us no doubt about it.

2 Likes

Also I feel like people are missing the humour in @Midfield_Maestroā€™s post. Would be willing to bet he isnā€™t serious

3 Likes

You shut your mouth!

4 Likes

:xhaka:

2 Likes

Please take this one for ā€˜rolling of eyesā€™

1 Like